Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Team for Saturday...

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
What with all the comings and going, what is the team going to be this weekend.

Weaver
Cranie Hudson Fortune Mceverly
Gillespe Semedo Racon Boazza
Gray Wag

That is if fortune is fit enough to play. This is what i think it will be, not what i want it to be. If i had my way wed'd have signed cory gibbs back up - after the impact he had last time, we were fools not to

Comments

• Options
    I think we might see Deon Burton in the team. Other than that, that'll be it.
  • Options
    What, only the 6 loan-players Valley ?
  • Options
    You have to say, that already has a much more solid look to it.

I still think Basey should have been brought in at left back but we'll see how JM does.

Be interesting to see if PP plays Waghorn from the start.
  • Options
    I reckon Parky will put all the names into a random team generator and come out with:

Weaver
    Cranie Fortune Hudson Basey
    Gillespie Semedo Racon Bailey
    Burton Waghorn

Personally I would play:

Weaver
    Yassin Hudson Fortune Basey
    Gillespie Racon Semedo Bouazza
    Gray McLeod

Subs:
    Elliott, Holland, Burton, Waghorn, Cranie
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: moutuakilla[/cite]What with all the comings and going, what is the team going to be this weekend.

Weaver
    Gray Wag

That is if fortune is fit enough to play. This is what i think it will be, not what i want it to be. If i had my way wed'd have signed cory gibbs back up - after the impact he had last time, we were fools not to

Sounds good to me, would rather have moots at RB as I still think he is one of our best players but don't think he will play, and after racon playin 90 min mid week not sure he will be 100% fit, hopefully he is but he has been out for a long time

Bench - Burton, Holland, Sam, Primus, Mcloed
  • Options
    Weaver
    Crainie Hudson Fortune McEveley
    Gillespie Racon Semedo Bouazza
    Gray McLeod
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: moutuakilla[/cite]What with all the comings and going, what is the team going to be this weekend.

Weaver
    Gray Wag

spot on I think. Although I'd prefer Moo2 to Cranie. Burton may start too instead of Waghorn.
  • Options
    I think a lot depends on Fortune being fit and in Parky's plans.

If yes then Primus can be dropped. but we can still only play 5 of the loanees in the 7 so one of them will miss out.

I'm assuming Burton and McEveley will come in so where does that leave Cranie? Can't see Gillespie or Bouazza not playing so either Cranie or one of the two loan forwards will have to drop out.

Lots of options up front as well.

Will be an interesting one.
  • Options
    Hang on yous lot ;
    wasn't it just acouple of weeks ago people were calling for Dickson to start ?

;-)
  • Options
    Start with the same team as tuesday, then bring on the loanees.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

Weaver
    Gray Wag

spot on I think. Although I'd prefer Moo2 to Cranie. Burton may start too instead of Waghorn.

quote from large yesterday "Meanwhile we let him sign Deon 'one goal' Burton and let Varney go. Parky is making the same mistakes as Pards did already. Pick OUR players, stick to a team, stick to a formation, and we'll get out of it."

just the 4 loanees then large? ;-)
  • Options
    "Start with the same team as tuesday, then bring on the loanees."

can't do that, Bexleyheath. as Henry keeps pointing out (thank heaven someone has read the rule book, cos I didn't know this either), max of five loanees allowed in the 16.

we had five in team on Tues. therefore if the two new arrivals are to feature, then two of Tues night's team have to drop out . can't even sit on the bench ...
  • Options
    They way tinhgs are going I wouldn't be surprised if we accidently fielded one too many loans players and ended up getting a points deduction...
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    My guess is that Saturday will come too early for McCievely (?spelling) and Burton to start. One might make the bench.

I personally would like Mcleod or Dickson to get a go as I don't think they have had a fair crack of the whip. Parky will probably want to introduce his own man (Burton) though. The back 4 needs to work as a 4 so McCievely needs to train with the others and build up an understanding. He will then replace Kelly unless Kelly does something wonderful.

Weaver

Moo2
    Fortune (if fit)
    Hudson
    Youga (I'm probably the only person who likes him but I believe he has something)

Gillespie
    Racon
    Semedo
    Bouazza

Gray
    Waghorn

Subs:

Elliott
    Crainie
    Bailey
    Toddy
    Burton
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [quote][cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Hang on yous lot ;
    wasn't it just acouple of weeks ago people were calling for Dickson to start ?

;-)[/quote]

Now he's not in the 23 !
    What the Hells going on down SE7 way ?

(sorry to quote meself !).
  • Options

Weaver
    Moo2
    Fortune (if fit)
    Hudson
    Basey
    Semedo
    Gillespie
    Bouazza
    Racon
    Waghorn
    Deon

Subs:

Elliott
    Youga
    Bailey
    Toddy
    McLeod

Quick question Cranie or Youga in your 16?
  • Options
    Tomorrow, can't we play all 23 in the squad?

It might give us a better chance of 3 points ..........
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oggy, given the rule that says we can only include five of our seven loanees, we can't play all 23. So it will have to be 21, I'm afraid. Otherwise, if the ref counts up the loanees, we'll get docked points.

With two goalies, we might keep a clean sheet for the first time in about a dozen games, as well.