Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parkinson - Im pleased with goalless draw.

13»

Comments

• Options
    'The cultured centre mid was a real player'

if you meant Jack Cork then I agree, excellant prospect. On loan from Chelsea, Alan Cork's son.
  • Options
    Agree with most of what has been said here - a very positive performance with several players making debuts and as some have said only Bailey really having a poor game. First game i've really enjoyed at home this season (missed the Reading game). If it wasn't for Kelvin Davis we would have been 2-0 up at half time.

One other thing - when you're struggling you get no luck at all - how many handballs did the ref miss? - I counted at least 6 and 2 of those were in the box.

Also I thought that among the promising youngsters of Southampton Chris Perry gave a very solid performance at the back and begged the question why did we let him go in first place? That relegation season would have been different with him at the back instead of El Kak
  • Options
    Bailey is an example of the importance of confidence. He was full of it when he arrived and played well as a result. Pardew quickly "Charltonised" him though so he now lacks that confidence.

I think Bailey Semedo, Racon Semedo or even Racon Bailey are our best midfield options so we need to persevere with Nicky and hope that he regains that confidence he had when he first arrived.