Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So to summarise...part 2

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
So where are all the Weaver critics today.... he made two very important saves in the second half to ensue that we got a point.

Burton... most impressed with what I saw yesterday, held the ball up well and had some link up with Gray but especially Gillespie and Bouazza thus givng time for numbers to get into the box. Not rocket science.

Andy Gray looked out of sorts, like the 70th min sub by Parky might have preferred Izale instead of Toddy as too similar to Burton. Some pace against their back four might have unnerved them.

Bailey was occasionally off the pace, not sure if it is fitness or speed of thought at this level. Had a great chance to put one away for a £66 bet win for Ms Lat.

Gillespie..as a an ex winger myself of the John Robertson mould what a delight it was to see him taking control down the right flank. Didn't shirk a challenge and for someone who has barely played this sesson a good engine.

Bouazza... what a fantastic move he made to get into space in the 18 yard box and then... well. Again giving his all wants the ball and providing options on the left wing

Hudson...commanding back to his best. Some excellent blocks early doors which must have lifted confidence

Cranie... assured nothing fancy and put in some stiff challenges

Mcevely.... was he on amphetamines, wondered if he got hold of the ones I destroyed at work on Friday. If we can just temper his enthusiasm to be a right winger then he should be fine. Like Stone I too was somewhat surprised. Not too much activity from the opposition flanks yesterday.

Fortune.. when I saw him in the starting 11 I thought and hoped we would be OK and so it proved.

Semedo my man of the match worked tirelessly reminded me a bit of Kish. Did the donkey work in midfield

Parkinson.. well done some green shoots at last, let's hope we continue to blossom

And finally Kinsella... is that man hard or what, short sleeved tee shirt on a day like yesterday. Certainly got the lads well and truly warmed up pre match.

A satisfactory day, excellent lunch too with Ms Lat and Old Lat in Legends with Mark Penfold as the host. Momentarily maanged to wind him up by saying 'you don't remember me do you... I'm Kevin Smith we were here together in the late 70s' Blimey he said haven't you lost hair which was a bit of cheek as he is shaven headed most different to the curly mop he once had.

Comments

• Options
    summs up my thoughts mate exactly
  • Options
    The fact that Kinsella styed in shorts and t-shirt for the duration was remarkable.

I agree Izale would have been more attacking than Toddy although Gray won nearly everything in the air.
  • Options
    Agree although I think Toddy was brought on to hold onto the ball was was starting to get pumped up and then thrown back in.

McLeod's pace might well have stretched them more.
  • Options
    I remember reading that Kinsella never wore long sleeves or extra layers, always trained in just a t-shirt.

Agree about McLeod's pace, we could have done with some up there, and he's the only option we had to do that at the time.