Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Loanees

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
Which of our current crop of loanees do you think will sytill be with us at the end of January

Cranie, Gillespie, Mctyhingy, Burton (Perm) Boazza

Reckon Primus will go back to Pompey and be loaned out to someone else, Waghorne won't get too much more of a chance,

Comments

• Drop them all. All loan players are uncommitted as proven yesterday. Only play your own players.

: - )
  • Would keep Gillespie, McEvevely and Burton. Primus off the pace through age. Waghorn too young though extremely promising, would have liked to hold onto him for the future.
  • edited November 2008
    If Burton or any of the other become perm then they no longer count as loans.

From reading the programme it seems Burton is coming on a free. Not sure about Gillespie but perhaps the same.

That would allow us to renew the Primus loan in Jan and extend Waghorn's if wanted.

Still don''t have cover at CH and Primus would give us that. Waghorn looked useful but if the rumour of Dickson leaving are true then we need more cover there also.
  • The only thong about Gillespie's loan is that he can be recalled after 28 days.

I'm just thinking Sheff Utd might want to top up their squad for the Xmas games.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]The only thong about Gillespie's loan is that he can be recalled after 28 days.

I'm just thinking Sheff Utd might want to top up their squad for the Xmas games.

He said he fell out with Blackwell, and he hasn't started for them since Blackwell's been there. Can't see him going back there, he won't want to.
  • I was extremely impressed with Burton- he was everything that Gray should be- he led the line well and made use of the ball- same for Gillespie- looked to put the ball into the danger areas everytime. He faded abit in the second half but only because of the conditions and the fact that Southampton changed their formation to counteract him by going to a 4-5-1. I was also impressed with his defensive play especially from corners- our center backs could learn alot from him about getting the ball out of the danger area
  • Was a decent debut without being spectacular I`ll give you that.