Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January Signings-who should we target to sign and who should make way for them!

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
As the January transfer window draw near, who would you like to see the club sign and who should we let go to make room for them? I understand that Sunderland have too drastically trim their first team squad so I'd like us to try for David Healy- proven championship and International goalscorer who can't get a game at the moment, Liam Miller- again an International who can't get a game and has both premier and championship experience and hopefully Martyn Waghorn who is one for development.
I'd get rid of Andy Gray as he seems too slow and off the pace. He has gone backwards since joining Charlton and we should try and re-coup as much as possible for him in order to finance new players. Also we desparately need a decent goalkeeper to challenge Weaver, therefore I'd go for Leeds United's Danish International, Casper Ankergren. I'd also sign Andrew Crofts from Gillingham who is currently on loan at Peterborough and is being offered for sale in January as Gillingham need to raise cash. He is a box-to-box goalscoring midfielder who is about 24 and is a Welsh International. Another right back would also be nice so I'd go for Bristol City's transfer listed Bradley Orr.
On the loan front I'd try for Spurs Kevin Prince-Boateng and Centre Back Ricardo Rocha- neither of who can get a game this season.

Comments

• Options
    I fear money will be the big problem.
  • Options
    Thats why we have to be judiscous in who we sell. I'd definately sell Gray for reasons previously outlined along with Darren Randolph (Elliott's a better prospect!), Zheng Zhi (his heart doesn't look to be in it), Darren Ambrose (let Ipswich keep him), Luke Varney (Looks to be a done deal already with Derby), Stuart Fleetwood (not convinced that he is good enough at this level) and Matty Holland (looking to be coming to end of the road so we should look to get some cash for him as I feel he is only going to be used as a squad player from now on-even though hestill plays with his heart and soul-unlike some of the other players)
  • Options
    Potential Players Out:
    Youga - now McEverly has taken his place he could be sold on. Might get £200k max if lucky
    ZZ - £2m if WBA still interested. Deal would depend on ZZ changing his mind over leaving london. Wouldn't affect team much as he's hardly played this year.
    Shelvey - £2m or more depending on demand. Would like to keep him, but money talks.
    Moo2 - £200k or so, don't want him to go but if Parky doesn't rate him and if he's still in charge on Jan 1st then will probably leave.
    Primus to go back to Pompey (won't feature now Fortune back)
    Varney - swap for McEverly (maybe get some money as well)

Players to target/bring in
    Burton on a free
    McEverly - permanently
    Gillespie - permanently, if Sheff Utd still don't want him. Probably won't cost much, so just a case of wages
    A new centre back as there is no cover for Hudson and Fortune
    Another right back if Moo2 is sold

I wonder if Jonathan Spector could do a good job in this division, would cover all positions at the back and don't think he's featured much for West Ham this year. He was a bit hit and miss in the Prem, but so was Fortune and look how important he is to us in the Championship.
  • Options
    rumour is Derby are paying 1.5m for Varney
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    My Potential Players Out:
    ZZ - £1.5m
    Shelvey - £2m prefer £4-5m
    Moo2 - £500k hope he stays clearly talented.
    Defo Varney - £1.5m
    Defo Ambrose £2.57

Burton - Permanent
    McEverly - permanent
    Gillespie - permanent
    Primus - Permanent
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited November 2008
    Do we think well get anything for Ambrose....500K maybe
  • Options
    Jonjo should not go anywhere whatsoever!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nug[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]My Potential Players Out:
    ZZ - £1.5m
    Defo Varney - £1.5m

Burton - Permanent
    McEverly - permanent
    Gillespie - permanent
    Primus - Permanent

I thought we'd agreed £200/250K for Ambrose if the tfr goes ahead.
  • Options
    Don't think a fee was mentioned anywhere, at least not officially.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Hasn't a fee of £250k been agreed for Ambrose? With Shelvey, if he were to go, we have little control until feb when he signs a pro contract, which is not possible till he hits 17. so we are in the same situation as Palace were last season when they lost a youth player to Spurs. It went to tribunal and Paalce got a lot less than they felt was fair. ZZ is unlikely to generate more than £250k, given his injury plagued season and contract termination in the summer, also Murray indicated that the Chinese authorities would take a lartge share of the income. varney will allegedly go for £1mill - it says somewhere
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I live just outside Brighton and the Rumour of some weeks is that we will let them keep Fleetwood and we will buy Murray there Strier who scored Goals for fun last year but not this.
    I thought that Sats performance was so much better but really have concerns at the level of loan signings.....so any moves we do make in Jan I woud lke them to be permanent.
    Come on you Addicks
  • Options
    I have seen Murray on different videos and he is not a quick player and i think that is what we are lacking Izzy is fast but we don't play him much. Varns did look quick but he didn't show his pace enough.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Nug[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]My Potential Players Out:
    ZZ - £1.5m
    Defo Varney - £1.5m

Burton - Permanent
    McEverly - permanent
    Gillespie - permanent
    Primus - Permanent

I thought we'd agreed £200/250K for Ambrose if the tfr goes ahead.

better get more than that!