Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Advent Calender - Xmas Number ones.

edited December 2008 in Not Sports Related
I have a calander on my desk and every day there is a year - and you have to guess the number 1 before you (I) can eat the chocolate.

1962 - any guesses - no googling!

Comments

• Options
    does anyone know if it is possible to get an advent calendar that is some form of religious / christmas connection ?

ie. not High School Musical, WWF Raw etc
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Should be able to get one via a Church Catholic or Anglican
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]does anyone know if it is possible to get an advent calendar that is some form of religious / christmas connection ?

As an aside it's now WWE...
  • Options
    Errr Beatles - had a few Crimble No1's - so Yellow Submarine
  • Options
    I agree with 1905, something Beatley, or did Elvis have any xmas number one's?

DA9 would know!
  • Options
    What happens if you get the number 1 wrong, does the chocolate dissolve, do you have to give it away, or is it just a morale loss to you, and the calender feels smug for a while...
  • Options
    I'll guess at Telstar for 1962 number 1.
  • Options
    Chas n Dave
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: moutuakilla[/cite]What happens if you get the number 1 wrong, does the chocolate dissolve, do you have to give it away, or is it just a morale loss to you, and the calender feels smug for a while...

google the answer on day 2 and eat it then.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]does anyone know if it is possible to get an advent calendar that is some form of religious / christmas connection ?

As an aside it's now WWE...

He's right you know World wrestling Federation to World Wrestling Entertainment...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2008
    Has been WWE since the late 90's ...
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    So, you were in your teens?
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Yep, think that's about right ...
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'm pretty sure it was in 2001 after the invasion angle.
  • Options
    It was the King, Return To Sender, not a christmas song but a Jackie Wilson tribute'esq song he did for the film Girls, Girls, Girls

He did have plenty of xmas songs, but none ever got to No1 in this country

Kate Adie, news at Ten, goodnight
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    In fact it was 2002 after the World Wildlife Fund successfully sued them ...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]It was the King, Return To Sender, not a christmas song but a Jackie Wilson tribute'esq song he did for the film Girls, Girls, Girls

He did have plenty of xmas songs, but none ever got to No1 in this country

Kate Adie, news at Ten, goodnight

correct. yum, nice chocolate not your usual cheapo stuff. 1965 tmrw
  • Options
    I'm gonna guess Tom Jones, but not a clue which song
  • Options
    Cliff's got to be a good bet!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]

I actually spent 3 hours studying that case last week.... thats 3 hours of my life I'm never getting back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Lakeland, the kitchenware people, do a couple of nativity scenes but with wooden nativity characters rather than chocs behind each door.

Quite pricey but if that is your thing. Most likely can use then again next year as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]

I actually spent 3 hours studying that case last week.... thats 3 hours of my life I'm never getting back.

But think of the kudos you will get when Charlton Athletic PLC sues Charlton Life for breach of brand name copyright and you can offer your services for free ; - )
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Beatles double A side - what songs?
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Beatles double A side - what songs?

Strawberry Fields/Penny Lane was a double A but I think that was later.

Was it Day Tripper and A N Other track? Would be about the right time. Rubber Soul

I'll be good at this when I reach 8 or 9 : -)
  • Options
    Penny Lane/Strawberry Fields?
  • Options
    Day Tripper was one of them....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Day Tripper was one of them....

Something off Rubber Soul then as that came out at the end of 65. Michelle? Norwegian Wood?
  • Options
    sure that we can work it out
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]sure that we can work it out

Was it?

Wouldn't have got that.

One of my favs.
  • Options

One of my gripes too. Got one from WHS Liverpool St Station.