Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vienna - Things to do?

edited December 2008 in Not Sports Related
Has anybody been to Vienna? Going on Wednesday for a few days to look at chrimbo markets but don't know what else to do

Comments

• Options
    Eat lots of cakes, drink lots of different bottled lagers, have a waltz, go to the opera, go on the big wheel thingy, drink lots of gluhwein (mulled wine), eat lots of hot roasted chestnuts: do all this whilst going round the markets 'cos they will take up a lot of time. Lots of lively eateries in the evening. Oh, and don't forget to have a tram ride. There was also a 'Third Man' (Harry Lime) tour when we were there but we ran out of time. Don't mention the war and don't forget to say 'goodnight'. In brief you should have a good time, good luck.Ithink there was also an open air skating rink but that might have been somewhere else,Bruges perhaps.
  • Options
    Don't mention Joe Dolce.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Edited because I can't read! :o)

Wrap up warm!
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Must be big floods if they make it all the way to Vienna from Venice...

:0)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thecrazyaddick[/cite]Must be big floods if they make it all the way to Vienna from Venice...

:0)
    I just read that again & now feel a bit of a numpty!
  • Options
    Schonbrunn Palace and Riding School = Lippizaner stallions. If you can get into a performance, it's ace but very expensive and usually booked well in advance. Gluhwein and more Gluhwein.
  • Options
    this means nothing to me
  • Options
    Beg, steal or borrow to see the Lippizaners at Schonbrunn.

One of the World's 'must sees'.
  • Options
    Great song
  • Options
    Whats the name of Rigbys cat in Rising Damp ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quite right,git , Vienna was his name.I remember that you'd hear a cat squeal as Rigsby gave it a kick after Miss Jones had fought off yet another of his advances.
  • Options
    It means nothing to me
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]It means nothing to me

you must be slipping mate. I got there a full day ahead of you with that one!
  • Options
    Rising Damp; classic sit-com 1974 to '78 starring Leonard Rossiter and Richard Beckinsale (& Vienna as the foul tempered, smelly. moth eaten cat).
  • Options
    Five hundred vineyards (each with their own wine hall) and fifteen brewpubs within the city limits, what more do you need? The chilli and cannabis beers at Salm Brau rock.