Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nigel Clough

Doing a fantastic job at Burton - suprised he is never linked with jobs further up the league.

Comments

• Options
    because he has been doin a fantastic job for the past 6 years and as yet hasn't got them in the league.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    maybe he's happy where he is - considering how small a club it is I thinl they do well to stay in that league considering som eof the bigger clubs there.
  • Options
    Could be to do with what the pressure of high level management did to his father.
  • Options
    I think it's because he still plays for them and wants to continue to do so. I'd be surprised if he hasn't had offers over the years.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Still playing ? Blimey, Nigel Clough must be about my age ....(!)

Edit:

Actually, I didn't quite get that right:

"....Having now passed his 42nd birthday, Clough is still registered as a player which possibly explains his apparent lack of ambition to move into League management (his father bitterly lamented the premature curtailment of his own playing career)."
  • Options
    I'm sure he's had job offers, but he seems to be happy where he is and if so fair enough. I don't suppose he's on a bad package and gets to see his kids grow up and have a decent quality of life. If that's what he wants from his career then that's fine.
  • Options
    Just confirmed as Derby boss.
  • Options
    Good Luck Young Man..
  • Options
    Risky appointment. Could end up with them being relegated :-|
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    How many other father-sons have there been that have managed the same club?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck to him. What a sentimental journey that must be.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    How hold is Curbs' lad Michael?

Or there's his daughter Claire - after Karen Brady and Delia Smith, what about a female manager ? Last time I spoke to her she was working for music biz publicist Barbara Charone and offering me tickets to see Rufus Wainwright! Not sure where she went after that...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]How hold is Curbs' lad Michael?

Or there's his daughter Claire - after Karen Brady and Delia Smith, what about a female manager ? Last time I spoke to her she was working for music biz publicist Barbara Charone and offering me tickets to see Rufus Wainwright! Not sure where she went after that...

Doesn't Pardew have a son?
  • Options
    Pretty surprised by this to be honest.

Thought he would have stayed and finished the job at Burton.
  • Options
    Everyone watching non-league football knows they are nick named Burton Animals he does not play pretty football it is much more agricultural then his dad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Pretty surprised by this to be honest.

Thought he would have stayed and finished the job at Burton.

Hasn't he been there six years....I think so anyway?