Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holiday to Florida Easter 2009

Dear Lifers

I am going to Florida next Easter with my wife and kids and was wondering if anybody could recommend discount ticket outlets for Disney etc they have used and is it better getting them out there or before we go.

Many thanks

Comments

• Options
    Good idea to ask mate - you don't want any mickey mouse operations selling you tickets.
  • Options
    Always buy them in the UK you will get much better deals over here than in the States. Be very wary of the discount outlets over there the price quoted is often a very long way from the amount you end up paying.

Any Disney store over here will give you a good deal, thats where I have purchased in the past if they have not come as part of the package which they often do - it's worth shopping around the travel agents to see who is offering the best deals.

P.S Warner Bros stores do something similar for Universal Studios and the Anhauser Busch parks i.e Seaworld, Discovery Cove, Busch Gardens etc.
  • Options
    We're going back out again in May - first family holiday, can't wait. Wouldnt of gone this year, but managed to get flights at £170 return each!

Anyways, tickets. The best way to buy really depends on how often you're planning on going to the Disney/Universal parks. As you've got kids, I'd imagine you'll be in and out of the various Disney parks so it's best to get a 7/14/21 day unlimited ticket, which you can only buy in the UK. These tickets give access to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, MGM Studios (or whatever its called now) and normally the waterparks too. Works out at good value. If you're only planning to spend a day or two in a single park, then buy on the day is normally best.

Universal do a similar package but I found we only did a couple of days in their parks, mostly we were Disney.

We've used www.attractiontix.co.uk in the past, without complaint

A good online resource is www.thedibb.co.uk where, in the forums, you'll find all those stupid questions that you don't want to ask ;-)

Where are you staying? Villa or hotel?
  • Options
    Will ask my in laws, they have a Villa out there and go 2-3 times a year, in fact flying back tonight from a 3 week break
  • Options
    Loads of 'outlets' do cheap or discounted Disney/Universal tickets.

Got some free ones last year by spending three hours doing a time share tour - nice breakfast as well. After the tour the hard sell came. Just tell them you think the place is rubbish and you have no intention of purchasing. They soon get the idea and move onto another mug punter.

"Now where are my Universal tickets, David Crockett".
  • Options
    medders

I am staying in a Villa and thanks for the info

CharltonHeston