Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the devils whore

edited December 2008 in Not Sports Related
must say the best drama in a fair bit,olly getting a rough deal

Comments

• Options
    been watching that too. good isn't it.
  • Options
    excellent,john simm can half act.
  • Options
    Who's the best on TV? John Simm or David Van Day?

There's only one way to find out..........................
  • Options
    pistols at dawn?
  • Options
    Excellent stuff.

Really liked Wallendier (sp) on Sunday night as well plus Survivors.

Getting back into telly watching again.
  • Options
    i must be missing something

worse thing i've seen Simms in for ages

i'm normally mad for a period drama (loving little dorrit) but this seems to be just too slow

perhaps i was hoping for more history & less boudoir action...............must be getting old ;-)
  • Options
    Think he is great and enjoying the history.

Fascinated by the whole Civil War/Commonwealth period and all the weird sects like the Diggers and Ranters
  • Options
    Read a lot of Henning Mankel over th last few years and really enjoyed Wallender wasn't sure I was going to. There are some cracking books.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]Read a lot of Henning Mankel over th last few years and really enjoyed Wallender wasn't sure I was going to. There are some cracking books.

Had never heard of them but will check them out.
  • Options
    Return of the Dancing Master - not a Wallender book but really good
    Dogs of Riga - Is cracking Wallender
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2008
    LOL!!!! That Kenneth Branagh on Sunday!! What aload of old tosh. How refreshing: a detective with personal issues......Hmmmm. Wonderfuly origininal. I know let's set it in Sweden then people won't see it as a rip off of Shoestring, Bergarac, Morse, Frost, Dixon of Dock Green (Irony) etc!!
    The programme was so far up it's own arse it forget to explain the bloody crime involved. I did not watch on Sunday but saw it on a preview DVD from a media friend.
    Kenny B, stick to the bloody theatre darling!
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]i must be missing something

worse thing i've seen Simms in for ages

i'm normally mad for a period drama (loving little dorrit) but this seems to be just too slow

perhaps i was hoping for more history & less boudoir action...............must be getting old ;-)

thats so weird, I'm totally hooked and loving the history lessons in this!

I don't know whether it is a coincidence but we are watching a lot of the history channel at the mo and its about Charles I and Oliver Cromwell.

I have just finished Elizabeth and Mary by Jane Dunn so quite into the royal info at the moment because of that although took me ages to read as there was so much to take in. It was a comparison of how the cousins that never met went about ruling their countries in completely different ways and yet had things in common. I still can't believe they never met, even after Mary Queen of Scots was ousted from Scotland.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    God's Englishman by Christopher is a very good biog of Cromwell. There is another by Antonia Fraser but it's a big tome.

The World Turned Upside Down, also by Hill, is a study of all the various radical idea, sects and cults that sprung up like the Diggers shown in the programme.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]Return of the Dancing Master - not a Wallender book but really good
    Dogs of Riga - Is cracking Wallender

Thanks, I'll look out for them.
  • Options
    Thought John Simm was great last night. The bit when he saves Angelica from the spy and the MP was fantastic.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited December 2008
    You cant beat a bit of How to Look good naked, all shapes & sizes on display there and funny as feck as Gok Wan tries desperately not to laugh and be taken seriously, the bouncer girl the other night looked like desperate dan but she could have knocked you out with her chesticles.