Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Indian Chai Tea

DA9DA9
edited December 2008 in Not Sports Related
Just drinking some at work....fantastic, very cinnamonny (is that a word?)

Comments

• Options
    dunno, but try saying "minimum cinnimon" a few times and youll go loopy! :-)
  • Options
    char or chai is the name for "tea" in china , india, Thailand .

wonder why we called it tea ?
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited December 2008
    so when they pick tea leaves out there, its actually chai leaves they are picking?

That makes my topic header incorrect then, I am drinking Indian Chai Chai or Indian tea tea?????????????????????

(Yes, I have too much time on my hands presently)
  • Options
    You're right about that Goonerhater, but if you want a nice cup of Rosey you had better ask for Char Lawn otherwise you will get ice tea. ( lawn means hot ).
  • Options
    "char lorn" in Thailand is hot tea or "char nam ken" is iced tea.
  • Options
    the wonder of the net !
  • Options
    My old Nan always used to say, "Put the kettle on, I fancy a nice cup of Char".

And of course office cleaners were always known as 'Char-ladies' so perhaps they were originally tea-ladies?

Anyway, Char-lton is the team. Not Tea-ton....(!)
  • Options
    spot on Goonerhater, we only will disagree on the spelling , I would say nam kang for ice.

Anyway my mrs reckons I am right and she's sitting next to me O yes and she's Thai. mer mer ma mer mer. LOL

but we are both Gooner haters..
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    17years married to a thai mate. Although my spelling is legendary bad i cant be wrong re the spelling of the Thai words as Thai is a tonal language and therefore when put into English will have many ways to spell same word.

or have i made myself a dort ling over this ?.

did you pop down and see Deano ? he said some peeps from a Charlton board had ?
  • Options
    No mate that's correct also as you know it depends where in Thailand the speaker comes from, Bangkokianns for instance would sound very different from people from Udon Thani or from pattaya' . Just as my pal here is from Sunderland and me from London I cant understand a word he's saying and thats before he's had a drink..
    Good Luck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Where's the Mrs from mate.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Just drinking some at work....fantastic, very cinnamonny (is that a word?)[/quote]

its made really milky and sweet with cardomon pods in it
  • Options
    Did 6 months in Goa in my yoof. At every party there were dozens of very straight goan ladies making chai for all of us bombed out ravers. My memory is of Indian Chai being very strong, very milky and very sweet. certainly did the trick at the time.
  • Options
    try a chai latte at starbucks with cinnamon on top,, yum
  • Options
    chai! chai! chai!

anyone who has ever been to India will tell you thats a chant you hear as you go through any street, market, railway staion. they're best served in a terracotta cup that you can just throw away after (panic not, everything gets recycled in India including the wee fragments of terracotta you see all over the place). very sweet, very cinnamony (i like that word) & the best thing to get you going in the mornings.

gawd i miss that place :-(