Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swansea - Ed. tickets now on sale

13»

Comments

• Options
    going but don't know how yet. How far from the train station is the Liberty Stadium. Anyone know before I start googling.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]going but don't know how yet. How far from the train station is the Liberty Stadium. Anyone know before I start googling.
    Not walking distance....

PARK AND RIDE - Swansea Vale (Home and Away Supporters)

2000 parking spaces
    £5 parking charge per vehicle.
    Buses to/from stadium
    Visiting supporters coaches and mini busses will be charged £10 per vehicle to park at the stadium.

BY CAR - Park and Rides
    From M4 - Swansea Vale Park and Ride. Come off at Junction 45, take the A4067 and follow signs to 'Stadium Park and Ride’.

Disabled Supporters: A drop off/pick up only point is located at the front of the Stadium for disabled supporters.

5 parking spaces are reserved for visiting disabled supporters. These must be pre booked.

BY TRAIN
    First Great Western and Arriva Trains operate regular services into Swansea’s High Street Station, with frequent bus services to the Stadium.

BY BUS
    Away supporters' coaches will drop fans off and pick them up after the match directly from the stadium.
  • Options
    Peanut man just got ours - apparantly up to 3,000 available so get in quick.

10 of us doing an overnighter at the Carlton Hotel in Mumbles.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Peanut man just got ours - apparantly up to 3,000 available so get in quick.

Lovely part of the world is Mumbles

Do the Mumbles mile - every pub and then into Princesses (i think) nightclub at the end.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Peanut man just got ours - apparantly up to 3,000 available so get in quick.

Lovely part of the world is Mumbles

Do the Mumbles mile - every pub and then into Princesses (i think) nightclub at the end.

Was thinking of going to watch a football match actually :-)
  • Options
    Posted By: WSS "Driving is fine all the way up to the border when you suddenly hit stupid 50mph limits everywhere - 225 miles.

I once managed to do Dartford to Swansea in 3hrs 10min when I left at 9pm on a Sunday evening.

Then got 3 points on my licence for speeding.."

I managed to get 3 points going to the Sheffield United match which is ironic considering it was a cup game.
  • Options
    Tickets sorted for this one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]going but don't know how yet. How far from the train station is the Liberty Stadium. Anyone know before I start googling.
    Not walking distance....
    Half hour walk I thought?
  • Options
    ...WSS?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited February 2009
    Sorry mate, when I was at uni there and the Liberty was being built (I never needed to go there as there is nothing around Landore apart from the ground...).

I think it may only be a couple of miles by car, but I can't quite remember if thats along a couple of main roads.

Not sure where people are drinking beforehand - you'll need to be pretty careful though, they're a strange bunch on matchdays.

(I meant not walking distance for Large. ;-))
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swansea High Street Station is on the main line route from London Paddington. It is about two miles from the stadium. Regular local bus services (every ten minutes: routes 4, 4a, 120, 122, 125, 132) and taxis (around £3.50) are available from the train station to the stadium. Otherwise if you have time on your hands and wish to embark on the 25-30 minute walk, then as you come out of the station turn right and go up the High Street. At the traffic lights turn right into Neath Road. Proceed straight along Neath Road and you will eventually reach the stadium on your right.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    *** nothing ***
  • Options
    Come on guys - 450 sold so far and you can't pay on the day.

I've got a feeling i'm going to be very very drunk for this game...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Come on guys - 450 sold so far and you can't pay on the day.

I've got a feeling i'm going to be very very drunk for this game...

and thrown out again??
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    managed to persude Mrs Large to come along, staying overnight now, making a weekend of it.

PS Golfie is overnighting it too so if you bump into him it's his birthday so I'm sure he'll shout you a drink !!
  • Options
    I was NOT thrown out at Palace Dyer...
  • Options
    Any plans for a congregating place? Safety in numbers, and all that!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Any plans for a congregating place? Safety in numbers, and all that!

Just put on your best sweaty accent and tell 'em you're Jason Scotland's cousin.

We're drinking in The Mumbles and getting some cabs to the ground.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Any plans for a congregating place? Safety in numbers, and all that!
    Yeah, was thinking about this but I think people are spread all over the place and considering the things from here:

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=23919&page=1#Item_7

and in particular this comment: With Swansea's promotion to the Championship, pubs near to the stadium have been instructed by the Police not to admit away fans.

So it is either drink on the way to Swansea, go into the city centre or drink inside the stadium. Merv Williams informs me; 'There are a number of pubs on Wind (pronounced as winding a watch) Street in the centre of town, such as SA1, Yates, the Bank Statement and the No Sign Bar (the latter being listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide. Ask for Castle Gardens, and you'll see Wind Street'. There is also a large Wetherspoons outlet situated on the Kingsway.

I recommended the Bank Statement in Wind Street but hey - who knows!
  • Options
    Cheers, WSS - will head for that kind of area before and/or after, and perhaps bump into some of you...

Nick - I am yet to acquire the lingo up here, and following Cha'on anywhere, just brings out the best Sarf East London in me! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i will in the swansea end keeping quiet, hopefully it wont be to embarresing.
  • Options
    I have a welshie in the Charlton end!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I have a welshie in the Charlton end!

i reckon you'll be thrown out again!!