Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

XBOX - Help needed

DA9DA9
edited December 2008 in Not Sports Related
Can anyone explain the difference between the Xbox arcade console and the 60gb console, I know its a 60gb hard drive but what does it do for you if you can also buy seperate memory cards, is the 60gb hard drive for permanent more convenient storage?

Comments

• The bigger hard drives are only coming out so you can download films and games directly from the XBox market place.
    Saved game positions take up minimal space on the drive.

[I've got an XBox elite with one controller and a load of games in mint condition (used only once or twice) that I'd be willing to sell if anyone is interested (sorry admin, I know classifieds are not the done thing/frowned upon but as not using it, it deserves a good home!)]
  • [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]The bigger hard drives are only coming out so you can download films and games directly from the XBox market place.
    Saved game positions take up minimal space on the drive.

[I've got an XBox elite with one controller and a load of games in mint condition (used only once or twice) that I'd be willing to sell if anyone is interested (sorry admin, I know classifieds are not the done thing/frowned upon but as not using it, it deserves a good home!)]

So the arcade version with a seperate memory card (say 8mb) would be fine?
  • Don't get an arcade.

Get the premium.You'll need the harddrive.
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Don't get an arcade.

Get the premium.You'll need the harddrive.

For what reason?

(Sorry to sound flippant, just want to know what difference it will make)
  • I'd get the premium mate - I just play games on it and i use quite a lot of memory on mine.

Its just even when you save games it takes up a load of memory because they are so much more advanced.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I'd get the premium mate - I just play games on it and i use quite a lot of memory on mine.

Its just even when you save games it takes up a load of memory because they are so much more advanced.

Makes sense now, cheers all

Its for my boys xmas present
  • Forget XBOX mate, get him a PS3....
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Forget XBOX mate, get him a PS3....
    Don't.
  • the Xbox 360 with the big Hard drive is the way forward, they'll be launching the 1080p video service soon through netflicks

don't listen to medders - his PS3 will be a antique by the time he gets to play it again.

XBOX 360 is the way to go
  • Sponsored links:

• the 1080p thing sounds interesting but what cable do you need? I have both vga and component, I'm not sure there is an HDMI one?

XBOX gripes (I own one) are no blu ray drive and microsoft restrictions on modifying pro evo kit/team names.

The PS3 (may get one this xmas) is newer tech and more powerful but for some reason not backward compatible to ps2 games I have heard.

views anyone?
  • edited December 2008
    I haven't clue what you just said Raz. :-))
  • Get him a Sinclair Spectrum, can't beat it.
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]XBOX gripes (I own one) are no blu ray drive and microsoft restrictions on modifying pro evo kit/team names.

Not a problem with PS3... Blu-ray built in and is THE format. What happened to HD DVD for the Xbox eh chaps?!?!

The PS3 (may get one this xmas) is newer tech and more powerful but for some reason not backward compatible to ps2 games I have heard.

Correct for the new PS3's. The old one's, like what I have, is PS2 compatible

views anyone?
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Forget XBOX mate, get him a PS3....

don't listen to medders - his PS3 will be a antique by the time he gets to play it again.

XBOX 360 is the way to go

Might not be able to play games right now, but it's getting a lot of use with DVD's and Blu-ray... that's the beauty of the PS3...
  • my PS3 plays all my PS1 and PS2 Games, plus the blue ray player is awsome. always been sega and sony, not nintendo and xbox funny how u stick to trends from when u were younger brand loyailty..
  • edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]the 1080p thing sounds interesting but what cable do you need? I have both vga and component, I'm not sure there is an HDMI one?

XBOX gripes (I own one) are no blu ray drive and microsoft restrictions on modifying pro evo kit/team names.

views anyone?

Only the basic PS3 isn't backwards compatible, all the others are. The basic has a smaller hard drive too (40gb). PS3s all the way...Blu Ray, free online play, there is a great program called TVersity in which you can stream media files from the PC to your Playstation to watch on big screen too if u want? Works on XBOX, Wii too.
    Can also play DivX, Copied DVDs, etc n all. (Not that I approve of that of course)

HDMI Cable needs to be brought seperately for 1080i/p output.

Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah

Good one.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]

Good one.

Agreed, do it now!
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]

Good one.

How many times has your XBOX gone wrong Dave?
  • Sponsored links:

• A fair few.

It's still better in every other way than a PS3.
  • 360 all the way

dependant on drive in it can get it flashed for you cheap ;-)
  • i own ps3 xbox 360 and wii.

my honest opinon is xbox 360 is the better GAMES console. more games available, better exclusive games, better online network, quicker downloads and cheaper.

blu-ray players are available for £160 so i would argue buying a 360 and seperate blu-ray player.
    xbox 360 all the way.

ps super street fighter hd remix anyone?!
  • Bought one yesterday, 60gb, in Zavvi....£146...great deal
  • bargain - - -
  • I've got a video recorder............................
  • can you play dvds on the xbox?
  • [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]can you play dvds on the xbox?
    yup