Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Random explanations for everyday occurrences

edited December 2008 in Not Sports Related
It's nearly two o'clock in the morning and there's been a bleeding helicopter circling around outside for the last fifteen minutes or so. This happens every now and then here, and whenever it does I always wonder if someone's escaped from the psychiatric ward of the nearby hospital.

Does anyone else have random made up explanations for things that sound plausible, but they've no idea whether they're actually true?

Comments

• Options
    You can see me so you can believe me? True as I'm riding this bicycle... The sort of pony my granddad came out with.
  • Options
    Where are you aliwibble, 'cause we get the helicopters hovering over alot in the early hours in Sydenham,and, as far as i'm aware there isn't a "looney" ward local (except my bedroom).
  • Options
    Why is it that whenever I throw a spoon into asink that has the tap running it 'always' lands under the water stream and sprays water all over the f'ing place...after all these years I still don't have the answer!
  • Options
    Drop a piece of toast and it always land butter side up.
  • Options
    why is it a centre forward we sell always scores against us
  • Options
    "why is it a centre forward we sell always scores against us"

I think you'll find that that's sods law mate!
  • Options
    it certainly is,how's the little lady ?
  • Options
    Fine thanks mate had the last midwife visit today and all's well.
  • Options
    Piece of toast- lands butter side down due to the distance to the floor - the toast will turn a number of times when it falls, and due to the height of most tables it lands butter side down - either get a bigger table or leave your toast butter side down on the plate... or you could just be less clumsy
  • Options
    Soundas is right about the spoon business though, happens all the time round here, thinking of giving up washing and taking up wiping. Also, is the toss of a coin really 50/50 on how it lands?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Where are you aliwibble, 'cause we get the helicopters hovering over alot in the early hours in Sydenham,and, as far as i'm aware there isn't a "looney" ward local (except my bedroom).
    MOG, I'm not far from the former Hanwell Insane Asylum (now part of Ealing Hospital). I expect a more likely explanation is the police being after burglars or car thieves, but I can't help wondering.
  • Options
    I've got a vague memory of a story in the Fortean Times. A sick kid had a high profile media campaign on his behalf in the US. A year or so later he was, in his wheelchair, surveying his cards, when a huge pile of sympathy cards fell on him & killed him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: moutuakilla[/cite]Piece of toast- lands butter side down due to the distance to the floor - the toast will turn a number of times when it falls, and due to the height of most tables it lands butter side down - either get a bigger table or leave your toast butter side down on the plate... or you could just be less clumsy

Or maybe you simply butter it on the wrong side!
  • Options
    Thanks, Moots ....but I'm sure SoundAs has the right answer ......lol
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]why is it a centre forward we sell always scores against us[/quote]

Surely that should read;
    "Why is it ANY player we sell always scores against us ?"