Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The League in Argentina

Sitting getting bitten by mosquitos in 30 degrees at midnight and my brain melting trying to speak Spanish, I fancied a look here at CL.

So, everyone's in a bad mood still.

Here are two questions for you all to take your mind off our woes. This Sunday is the last game in the Argentinian league and four teams can still win it.

When was the last time that happened in England?

Also the top team, Tigre, only got promoted last year. When was the last time that happened in England - was it Man City in 1937?

I'm going to watch one of the games in my brother in law's club (where I'm playing tomorrow). Should be interesting.

Comments

• Options
    I have recently just got back from Argentina - I went to a River Plate vs Argentinos Juniors - Awesome experience. River were absolutely terrible and got beat 2-1 going down to a last minute penalty - 75% of river fans sang the WHOLE game and at the end they continued to sing - The only booing was at the other team or their fans.

Sorry Jimmy I haven't a clue.
  • Options
    Didn't Forest do it '77 ( Old 2 nd division) and a year later win the Championship ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Didn't Forest do it '77 ( Old 2 nd division) and a year later win the Championship ?

Correct.
  • Options
    leeds did it a couple of seasons after promotion when they won it in 1992,their first season they were 4th with palace 3rd.
  • Options
    Bump.

I'm back again and have just watched on TV the final game of the season which Estudientes won to take the Championship.

What's funny is that there have been 3 champions since the last time I was here as they have two Championships a year. What's even more refreshing is that when my brother-in-law tells me about the contnders for each Championship they always seem to be contested by different teams. Wouldn't that be nice? One season you've got West Brom and Sunderland fighting it out and the next you've got Newcastle and Bolton. Hang on, doesn't that sound like our 'Championship?' You know, the one we won in 2000 ;-