Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ince Sacked

WSSWSS
edited December 2008 in Other Football and Sports
Curbs?

Comments

• Dowie... up north innit
  • his kind of club, middle of the table, not sure he would be high profile enough for them. i can see him struggling to get back in the prem. think a more stable championship side will be his next destination, got a feeling he might rock up at ipswich some time soon.

Incey for us? has done well at lower league level, few managers available at the moment who might not be avaialble in January.
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Dowie... up north innit

Rallying the Rovers?
  • edited December 2008
    Ince to Charlton :-O

He might get the best out of McLeod
  • Pathetic it really is.

What the f*** were Blackburn expecting to be challenging for Champ League spot - he didn't spend a great deal if I remember right in the transfer market - I'm sure hamstrung by the board that just sacked him..

I'd have Ince at the drop of an hat if PARKY is not being considered.
  • Come on Charlton strike while the Iron is Hot Ince would be perfect for us in my opinion.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Come on Charlton strike while the Iron is Hot Ince would be perfect for us in my opinion.

he would has experienced management at our level - played at this level for a few years as well and knows what is needed to survive and win promotion from this division.

I not for one minute advocating getting rid of Parky as he is doing alright (ish) but Incey would be a good coup
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Come on Charlton strike while the Iron is Hot Ince would be perfect for us in my opinion.

he would has experienced management at our level - played at this level for a few years as well and knows what is needed to survive and win promotion from this division.

I not for one minute advocating getting rid of Parky as he is doing alright (ish) but Incey would be a good coup

Same as you Ledge, no Problem with Parkinson at all just think this could be the one we are looking for, if we are looking at all that is !
  • Getting Incey might sound ok but how long would stay....he is career minded and should he turn charlton around and a bigger club became interested again he would be off before you can say Oh Eddie Youlds...Eddie Eddie Eddie Youlds.
  • Sorry, but if there's no problem with Parky whereas Ince has reportedly been controversial in the dressing room, why the enthusiasm for him?
  • Sponsored links:

• He inherited the exact same squad (minus David Bentley) that Mark Hughes left. They finished 7th last season and they're now 19th. It's hard to sack a young manager after only 17 games but such is the blow being relegated that most clubs will act now and not be in a relegation scrap come the Spring. Sad but true. I just hope Ince doesn't act like a martyr saying his departure was a conspiracy...
  • [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Sorry, but if there's no problem with Parky whereas Ince has reportedly been controversial in the dressing room, why the enthusiasm for him?

Err the fact that he lifted Macclesfield who were bottom & adrift from a hopeless situation to safety with ease is one reason !
  • Eddie, Eddie, Eddie Youds.....
  • I would not touch Ince yet to be honest.

He looks to me as if the pressure of top flight management has really got to him. Appears to have lost complete confidence in his own abilities.

I would prefer Parky to him at the moment to be honest. And as i said about some of the names banded around last week, Ince's Blackburn salary would be £1m+ a year. No manager within a few weeks of that would drop their salary level by two thirds.
  • Lets be honest now Danny.
  • [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Sorry, but if there's no problem with Parky whereas Ince has reportedly been controversial in the dressing room, why the enthusiasm for him?

here here, no to the westham judas mug, plus i really dont like the way he speaks, the sound of his voice, and his weird hairline!! No thanks
  • Couldn't afford him.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I would not touch Ince yet to be honest.

He looks to me as if the pressure of top flight management has really got to him. Appears to have lost complete confidence in his own abilities.

I would prefer Parky to him at the moment to be honest. And as i said about some of the names banded around last week, Ince's Blackburn salary would be £1m+ a year. No manager within a few weeks of that would drop their salary level by two thirds.

good points - as I said wasn't advocating getting rid of Parky think we should stick with him but if we were not going to employ Parky.
  • There aren't too many jobs about and too many many out of work managers, plus he'd be on a big pay off so I wouldn't write him off for wages. Not my choice tho
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Dowie... up north innit

Palace, Charlton, QPR.... Leyton Orient or Barnet next as he weilds his path of distruction back to his northern homeland...
  • Sponsored links:

• I sat in a different place last night just behind our dugout. I was impressed with Kins. Although I couldn't hear him and probably it would have gone over my head anyway, he was very animated and passionate. The players listened to him, did what he said ( you saw him give the thumbs up etc) and also looked over to him constantly for instructions.
    Parky not as active, but you can't have two of the same nor indeed two in the tech area either!
    Good cop/bad cop situation maybe. It worked for Clough and Taylor. Incidentley didn't Kins turn down Cloughy when he recruited Keene? Well his Mum did I think.

Anyway I am all for giving this team a chance and if they can pick a few points over Christmas and we play with increasing commitment and confidence, they could do a great job for us.
  • [cite]Posted By: Spankie[/cite]He inherited the exact same squad (minus David Bentley) that Mark Hughes left. .

Not forgetting Brad Friedel - he must have been worth a few points
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I would not touch Ince yet to be honest.

I would have thought his salary has now dropped to £0.00 considering he is no longer employed so salary would be an increase....?
  • paolo di canio looks a better option to be honest. apart from our manager at the moment of course.
  • [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I would not touch Ince yet to be honest.

I would have thought his salary has now dropped to £0.00 considering he is no longer employed so salary would be an increase....?

Exactly and how much would he have been on at Macclesfield and MK Dons?
  • Curbs must be nailed on favourite for the Blackburn job, he fits their needs exactly given his considerable Premiership experience with us and the Spammers.
    No point in Big Sam going to Blackburn, they are smaller than Bolton and have no cash, so looks to me like Curbs will have to don his flat cap and braces and head north if he wants to manage again in the Premiership.
    If he saves Blackburn from relegation he will boost his stocks considerably.
  • edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Curbs must be nailed on favourite for the Blackburn job, he fits their needs exactly given his considerable Premiership experience with us and the Spammers.

13/1 on betfair.
  • 13/1 is very generous odds, I have just read that Souness might go back there so maybe the bookies are right.
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Ince to Charlton :-O

i hope not jesus!
  • Me 2 ince is a big no 4 me.Anyways lets give parky time.