Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Big Sam

has taken over Blackburn, anyone who backed him at 16's can now chuck their slip in the bin

Comments

• Options
    he might get sacked by the end of the month and then come to us!
  • Options
    Thank F for that
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite][url=http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=22100&page=1#Item_32]Already mentioned[/url][/quote] Under the heading "Ince Sacked"....
  • Options
    I wonder if Allardyce's appointment at Blackburn is the reason Parky has been given more time with us??

Obviously speculation, but I wonder if the board were some way down the line to appointing SA - before Blackburn contacted him last week and it all fell through with us?

Would explain why PP has been given 'until January', as they look for another top manager.

Just for the record - I like PP and wouldn't mind him being made manager long term.
  • Options
    Come on you lot, wake up... there's no way we could afford Allardyce
  • Options
    Anyway, he's a Northern bastard having played for amongst others, Bolton and Preston: and managed Bolton and Blackpool. Now he's at Blackburn, he only needs to add Burnley to complete the set in that part of Lancashire.

Sure, he played for the Pink Lions...... but that doesn't count really.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]I wonder if Allardyce's appointment at Blackburn is the reason Parky has been given more time with us??

Obviously speculation, but I wonder if the board were some way down the line to appointing SA - before Blackburn contacted him last week and it all fell through with us?

Would explain why PP has been given 'until January', as they look for another top manager.

Just for the record - I like PP and wouldn't mind him being made manager long term.

Please, get serious. There is no way on earth we could afford the likes of Sam Allardyce and nor would he want to come to us anyway. He'll be on 2 million per year up there, easily, we are probably paying Parky 250,000 - if that.

I am very confused by his move there though he left Bolton because he was "ambitious" and has ended up, not much more than a year later, at a smaller, poorer club.
  • Options
    Some people just have football in their blood, and it kills them not to be involved.

Allardyce remember was an unsung hero for a whole raft of clubs outside the limelight.
    It was all about being a tough lump of a defender, battling his way through games for unfancied, mainly 2nd tier clubs.
    No frills there.

So despite his success at Bolton, I reckon he just had that need to get back in the saddle.
    Blackburn will do - and I bet he has a family home still near Bolton.
  • Options
    Anyone remember that great Bolton side that he played for that got promoted from the old second division. I remember them running rings around us one night at the Valley winning 4-1. Big Sam played, Paul Jones another Jones? That was a terrific side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Some people just have football in their blood, and it kills them not to be involved.

Allardyce remember was an unsung hero for a whole raft of clubs outside the limelight.
    It was all about being a tough lump of a defender, battling his way through games for unfancied, mainly 2nd tier clubs.
    No frills there.

So despite his success at Bolton, I reckon he just had that need to get back in the saddle.

True enough but it makes you wonder who Sunderland have got lined up because I thought he was odds-on to go there. If Allardyce fails at Blackburn then his career will be right in the crapper, its quite a risk.

I wonder if Curbs will end up at Sunderland now?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Some people just have football in their blood, and it kills them not to be involved.

No frills there.

True enough but it makes you wonder who Sunderland have got lined up because I thought he was odds-on to go there. If Allardyce fails at Blackburn then his career will be right in the crapper, its quite a risk.

I wonder if Curbs will end up at Sunderland now?

If he fails at Blackburn, then he will be unveiled as the new manager of ......... Burnley!
    It completes the N Lancs set - and he still wouldn't need to move home.

:o)
  • Options
    Very good! Although my best mate at college was a Burnley fan and they detest Blackburn so I think once Big Sam has been there he can forget about completing the North Lancashire set....
  • Options
    Anyone who thought Allardyce would be coming to side bottom of the Championship is in cloud cuckoo land.

The way the Prem is these days there will be a job opportunity every couple of months and he was just biding his time waiting for the right one.

Same with Curbs in my opinion.
  • Options
    im not sure about curbs getting back in the prem, if hes not in the running for sunderland and blackburn he would give him a job. as i said before i have a feeling he will go to ipswich if magilton gets the chop.
  • Options
    Totally disagree.

Look at the number of so-called 'high profile' managers who can't get back into the game because, among other things, clubs appoint foreign bosses these days.

Allardyce had been out of work for a while, had been burnt by the Newcastle experience and was looking for a way back in.

I don't think it's 'cloud cuckoo land' to suggest he could/would have taken the Charlton job.

Bottom of the table, yes - but a potential Premier League club in the same mould as Bolton.

It's all irrelevant now anyway. Up the Parkinson!!
  • Options
    Allardyce had been out of work for a while, had been burnt by the Newcastle experience and was looking for a way back in.

I don't think it's 'cloud cuckoo land' to suggest he could/would have taken the Charlton job.

I suspect Blackburn moving in for SA was down to Sunderland being close to appointing him and rather than lose him the shuffled off Ince pretty quickly and signed up Allaryce. I can't see him being interested in Charlton given our current predicament.