Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Due Amici Restaurant - Chislehurst

Comments

• Options
    DA9DA9
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]and also very dangerous coffee tabl.

Nice flag on Facebook :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]Further facts:
    Mark Fish lived in Lubbock Road in Chislehurst
    but more importantly Dizzee Rascal currently lives round the corner in Wilderness Road
    How do you no about dizzee rascal?
  • Options
    Friend's an estate agent in the area and knows some of the ins and outs of where celebrities are residing.
    According to him, Michael Jackson had apparently changed his mind about moving into Foxbury Manor in Kemnal Road because he was worried about Chislehurst Caves being haunted. Could be bo11ocks but a fun story nevertheless!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]
    but more importantly Dizzee Rascal currently lives round the corner in Wilderness Road

Keeping it real then Dizzee, most expensive road in Chislehurst.

Don't tell Henry Jnr.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]Friend's an estate agent in the area and knows some of the ins and outs of where celebrities are residing.
    According to him, Michael Jackson had apparently changed his mind about moving into Foxbury Manor in Kemnal Road because he was worried about Chislehurst Caves being haunted. Could be bo11ocks but a fun story nevertheless!

That story did make the press, still, he can haunt it himself now!
  • Options
    I thought Paul Elliott lived near the Ramblers Rest.

I've seen him in there on my occasional visits and also seen him running round the cricket ground. Not for a few years though come to think of it so perhaps he moved.
  • Options
    you'd probably bump into a director if you had a drink in the Crown. You could give em what for over a pint of tetleys.
  • Options
    Never been in the Ramblers, drove past many times as the In-laws live in Bickley, is it tiny inside?
  • Options
    Having read most of these posts i'm keen to give this Due Amici place a try. Anyone got an idea how far in advance you'd have to book for a table on a saturday night?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Never been in the Ramblers, drove past many times as the In-laws live in Bickley, is it tiny inside?

One of the bars is pretty small ...which is the one where all the regulars drink.
    The other bar down the steps is about the size of a pretty large lounge in a big Chislehurst type mansion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I haven't been in the Ramblers for about 20 years, but just to make sure I'm remembering the right pub -
    that's the white painted wood-fronted cottage one, just down the grassy bank, off Chislehurst Hill ?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Never been in the Ramblers, drove past many times as the In-laws live in Bickley, is it tiny inside?[/quote]

They must be loaded then.

Where in Bickers are they?
  • Options
    & you live where (Sir) Henry..............

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Never been in the Ramblers, drove past many times as the In-laws live in Bickley, is it tiny inside?

Yes

Oldfield Road :-)
  • Options
    Might be taking the g/f back to Due Amici in November for her birthday, starting to save now!
  • Options
    Expensive is it ?
  • Options
    Well yes...but there are more expensive places around...but deffo on the expensive side shall we say.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]Further facts:
    Mark Fish lived in Lubbock Road in Chislehurst

He used to go to the same gym as my wife. She didn't have a clue who he was but was in reception one day and someone reported a black man acting suspiciously in the car park. The receptionist looked out the window and said "Oh that's just dizzee rascal, he always walks around the car park!"
  • Options
    We back on the "Dogging" thread again.........
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]& you live where (Sir) Henry..............

;-)

Bromley. Bickley is the over side of the road. Literally.
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Yes

Oldfield Road :-)

Sure Stanmore's folks lived that way. Be careful you're not marrying into his family. Nice guy but a bit weird ; - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2009
    Dizzee lives in Kemnal Road as did Claus Jensen and Luke Varney and nearly Michael Jackson.

Also just remembered one of Girls Aloud lives in Cricket Ground Road
  • Options
    Doesn't Rio Ferdinand's mum live in that part of the world?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Ahhh the Ramblers, one of my favourite local pubs. Is lovely at this time of year out on the hill. Landlord is a top bloke also. Haven't been in the for a while though, does Nick still work in there, the chubby barman?

Its starting to get a bit 'trendy' now though with more and more groups of student types etc.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]Doesn't Rio Ferdinand's mum live in that part of the world?

She lives on the road going from the (ex)Chinbrook pub going towards Mottingham..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]Doesn't Rio Ferdinand's mum live in that part of the world?

She lives on the road going from the (ex)Chinbrook pub going towards Mottingham..
    Grove Park something?
  • Options
    Grove park road. Anton ferdinand nearly lost control of his tvr by lee green the other week! He pulled out of the car wash and over did the accelorator - smoke and back wheels all over the place! The house in mottingham has a gated front and we often see the boys cars on the drive.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]Dizzee lives in Kemnal Road as did Claus Jensen and Luke Varney and nearly Michael Jackson.

Also just remembered one of Girls Aloud lives in Cricket Ground Road[/quote]

My missus friend lives down that road that Jacko was supposed to be moving into in some converted barn thing and one iof my best mates lives next door to the Ginger one in Girls Aloud in Waterstone park by Bluewater miserable as sin she is!

Back to thread anyway, I don't think that the food is worth the price, I've had far better food for allot cheaper!
  • Options
    Apparently you're not just paying for food, like at your local chinese takeaway.

You get a table, service, pleasant surroundings and ambience - and if you take your missus there, you are on a promise too.
  • Options
    Hubby actually had occasion to enter the Fish aboad. Happened to be around the time of his birthday so he even got some birthday cake. A lovely couple by all accounts & Fish signed a photo for KB's son & put some truly lovely sentiments on it.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Apparently you're not just paying for food, like at your local chinese takeaway.

You get a table, service, pleasant surroundings and ambience - and if you take your missus there, you are on a promise too.[/quote]

Oggy, the CL lothario. So you've taken his missus there before eh . . . . . .