Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

blocked drains

edited December 2008 in Not Sports Related
Just went outside and have got water coming out of my drains. Nothing flowing away and a nasty smell.

Just what i need before all the inlaws arrive for Christmas tomorrow night.

Anyone recommend a good local firm? I am in Blackheath.

Comments

• i know a bloke in charlton and they are 24/7. give me a few mins.
  • thanks Curb_It
  • this is whats listed in yell.com.

All Purpose Drainage Ltd
    39 Prentiss Court, Charlton Lane, London, SE7 8LD
    Tel: 07909 788681

IF that number doesnt work let me know as i seem to have a different mobile on my phone.
  • Thanks - will try them and let you know.
  • His name is Steve, and say Brenda from the Oak gave you his details.
  • might be a nieghbour blocking so make sure they are aware and they help with the cost.

It's a shit job but someone has to do it LOL

BOOM BOOM
  • Get down to B&Q and buy yourself some drain rods, along with a screw, brush, and plunger head fitting. Cost you about twenty quid and will save you a possibly hefty bill.

If its only water coming out then it'll be rainwater drainage blocked somewhere - probably by leaves or fat draining into the wrong place (usually because some cowboys have converted the house next door into flats and couldn't be arsed to route the kitchen drainage properly, leading to fat congealing somewhere in the rainwater system. This happened to me after I moved into my place - the cheeky bastards who converted the house next door used MY rainwater drainage to drain the property next door's gutters, kitchens and bathrooms!

If its (ahem) 'more than water' then you might have a problem with the foul water drainage - which happens to us about once a year - usually because a rat has died and got stuck in the pipe just past the interception chamber in our back garden - when this happens I just stick the drain rods down the rodding eye and pull back with the plunger which does the trick.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]His name is Steve, and say Brenda from the Oak gave you his details.[/quote]

Called him. Someone coming in an hour. Did ask who recommended me to him but did not know a name to give him. Just said it was a fellow Charlton fan and he started laughing!!!!!!!!!!
  • you just have to mention you're a charlton fan these days and people start laughing!
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]you just have to mention you're a charlton fan these days and people start laughing!

The best way to return the compliment? when he gives you the bill, Just start laughing ;-)