Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your Xmas lunchtime pub of choice

edited December 2008 in Not Sports Related
Christmas lunchtime is my favourite drink of the whole year, and the one thing i look forward to at Christmas. The whole family traipse round the William Camden in Bexleyheath and its my chance to buy them all a drink. My grandad looks forward to it from about March.

Those lucky enough to be able to leave the house, where will you be tasting your lunchtime tipple ?

Comments

• Options
    I'll be in The Rose in Bexleyheath for opening to see my aunt and cousin then will be wandering around The Fulwich in Dartford where my mum is working for a few hours before heading home for dinner.
  • Options
    christmas eve used to be my favorite evening for working behind a bar. The atmosphere was alway great, never had any trouble, just lots of happy people in various states of drunkenness.
  • Options
    No choice, behind the bar at Floyd's!

Do us a favour one and all; when Auntie Maud comments how lovely it is that there is no smoking in the bar as she is sipping her solitary sweet sherry, remind her that pubs are for life, not just for Christmas. ;-D

Happy Christmas everyone!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I'll be in The Rose in Bexleyheath for opening to see my aunt and cousin then will be wandering around The Fulwich in Dartford where my mum is working for a few hours before heading home for dinner.

my best mates husband and all his family are there tonight and during the day tomorrow. apparently christmas can't be done without going to the rose!
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]. My grandad looks forward to it from about March.

What you buying a drink LOL...

Used to go to our local with my Father in law every year but he's no longer with us so don't go now which is one thing I do miss about him not being around.

Just waiting for my Charlie to get to 18 to re start the tradiiton
  • Options
    ill be in the bull in maidstone. the ladies like us fellas out the house while they prepare lunch. fine by us.
  • Options
    used to be the Guy when i was younger then a couple of years in the turnpike with the old man but he is away this year and the in laws dont do the "christmas day pub" boooooooooo
  • Options
    I'll be in the old Black Horse, Sidcup tomorrow. Luuuuuverly!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]used to be the Guy when i was younger then a couple of years in the turnpike with the old man but he is away this year and the in laws dont do the "christmas day pub" boooooooooo

give em the red mist mate!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlsberg[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]used to be the Guy when i was younger then a couple of years in the turnpike with the old man but he is away this year and the in laws dont do the "christmas day pub" boooooooooo

give em the red mist mate!!!

what red mist ? ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    eat your dinner in shame
  • Options
    We're not a christmas day pub family, but thats probably cos there isn't a decent one near (ye old black has bad memories of when i was 17) my dad is outnumbered by me, mum, and me nan too so he doesn't even get to watch good blokey things on the telly. emmerdale xmas special is a treat we all have to watch on xmas day cos of my nan!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I'll be in The Rose in Bexleyheath for opening to see my aunt and cousin then will be wandering around The Fulwich in Dartford where my mum is working for a few hours before heading home for dinner.

my best mates husband and all his family are there tonight and during the day tomorrow. apparently christmas can't be done without going to the rose!

is that the Hacketts Suzi?
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Have started drinking in the Rose a fair bit now, lovely pub - now playing for Belvedere Vets on a sunday morning who are sponsored by the Rose.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Yes, The Hacketts.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Yes, The Hacketts.

spent many an hour in the Rose with them
  • Options
    I'm going to get you barred
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Yes, The Hacketts.

spent many an hour in the Rose with them

yes, James dices a death every year I think by going. I guess he needs a few drinks on xmas day to escape Mrs Hackett :-)

James' mate Paul is hoping to go, but my other friend is going out with him and they had a baby 7 months ago and she's banned him. he's not happy.

When you see James - ask if he's found a paperclip to fix his glasses with yet!
  • Options
    I am baffled. Not going to the pub on Xmas day?

Because the in-laws don't go?

Because there is not one nearby?

Because you had a baby SEVEN months ago?

Barking the lot of yers! It's bad enough the government controlling everything you do, without those that purport (sp?) to love you doing the same. Tell them it's your Christmas too, have an hour and a half in the pub instead of three - compromise reached!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]I am baffled. Not going to the pub on Xmas day?

Barking the lot of yers! It's bad enough the government controlling everything you do, without those that purport (sp?) to love you doing the same. Tell them it's your Christmas too, have an hour and a half in the pub instead of three - compromise reached!

right!!! i'm making a stand !! one for all and all for one
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]I am baffled. Not going to the pub on Xmas day?

right!!! i'm making a stand !! one for all and all for one

Yeah! Good on you GHE. Freedom for fun lovers!
  • Options
    "right!!! i'm making a stand !! one for all and all for one"

OK mate, would you like me to tell Emma?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]"right!!! i'm making a stand !! one for all and all for one"

OK mate, would you like me to tell Emma?

LOL, was gona tell her i was poping out for Petrol
  • Options
    Er, sorry to spoil the thread, but back on topic ....... ;o)

When I lived in Welling/Bromley Common, back in the day, we had lots of rellies in the Chislehurst/Mottingham area.
    So every year, the White Horse in Chislehurst was where we all decamped before Xmas dinner.

Time stands still for no man - and of my Dad's generation, apart from my Dad himself and just one of his many brothers, they've all passed on now.

Enjoy your families while you can.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite] So every year, the White Horse in Chislehurst was where we all decamped before Xmas dinner.

Did a few of them myself in the late 70s-early 80's Oggs
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]So every year, the White Horse in Chislehurst was where we all decamped before Xmas dinner.

Did a few of them myself in the late 70s-early 80's Oggs

Ha ..... that was also my time there, Stanny.

We'd both been in the bar at the same time, then - that was my old Uncle Jack on the bar stool leading the singing.

;o)
  • Options
    Am currently checking out the Park Tavern in Eltham for rhe first time. Nice pub - but the service is truly awful!
  • Options
    The time warp that is The Gordon Arms in Chislehurst.
  • Options
    I miss those days....very sedate here in US...I remember working in London and getting hammered Xmas Eve lunch go home and out that night...Merry Xmas everyone and lets hope for a happier New Year
  • Options
    Easy Ye Olde Six Bells in Horley, near where my mum is buried*