Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

As i am literally getting physically bored with moaning.....

edited December 2008 in General Charlton
i'd just like to say well done to Robbie Elliott.

Come into the side at an awkward time for a rookie keeper, and hasn't really put a foot wrong with a dodgy defence in front of him.

Thought Nicky Bailey really put a shift in today and thoroughly deserved his goals for workrate, and i thought it is the most i think i've ever seen Lloyd Sam in a game.

My 68 other comments i'll keep to myself for now !

Comments

• Options
    I think the feeling is called resignation- when you can longer be bothered to complain anymore as it does no good, you just accept things as being the way they are. Welcome to the club!
  • Options
    At one point during the first half I just stuffed my hands in my pockets and thought, "that's it, I'm not getting worked up about this lot anymore".

Two minutes later and the ref missed a blatant foul on Gray and I was up on my feet screaming blue murder at him!

Ah well ...........
  • Options
    Sam I thought played really well today and I was impressed, Bailey played better than in an age and I concur with your comments re: Elliot.
  • Options
    I didnt go i can have a valued comment what i posted earlier was out of frustration

oh well what will be will be lets just have a stab at not going down without a fight is all i ask
  • Options
    Rob Elliott was at fault for their first goal, why the hell was he the wrong side of the goal when he hada wall covering that position?

and maybe for their second he should have come out quicker...would have to see it again though. I would put Weaver back in.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    It was a great strike right in the top corner, and on the side the wall was covering so he had a lot of ground to make up. I agree he has done well since coming in and should def keep his place. Let's face it Weaver is no better and is on a lot more wages so will be gone in the summer anyway.
  • Options
    If Curbs was in charge there would have been a defender on that post and it would not have 1-0
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Rob Elliott was at fault for their first goal, why the hell was he the wrong side of the goal when he hada wall covering that position?

and maybe for their second he should have come out quicker...would have to see it again though. I would put Weaver back in.

Don't agree with this, Elliot made two brilliant reflex saves, just before the end of both halves. I also swear the free kick went over the wall and into the top corner? He had no chance. (Compare it to Weaver's attempt against Coventry 2-3 weeks back.)
  • Options
    if we start being over critical on one of our own young players you may as well kiss the whole point of going to the game good bye.

We are where we are lets support the youngsters as they will be the only chance we have of surviving as a club (not in this league i add as i fear this is way beyond us)

If they fuk up get behind them. if he has made a error no one will feel it more than him remember he is a hardend addick and not a fat old bloke from manchester
  • Options
    Fat old bloke from Manchester......Whats my brother in law got to do with it ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Elliot had no chance, as soon as Cock got the ball in the air and over the wall and ON TARGET it was going in. Sun was a nuisance for him no keeper would have got it.

Gray I will defend today he was fouled for every high ball and got nothing from the referee, who had a stinker I must say. Basey still to my eyes has one of the best left feet in the league, Bouazza was awful Bailey deserved his goals Hudson was in form but the underlying problem we still have to address is the lack of cohesion and organisation throughout the team. But no moaning, a point was a good point in the end.
  • Options
    Agree 100% with PICKWICK. About time Parkinson wised up & why doesn't Kinsella mention it he was around when we used to put a bloke on the line.

It is not the first time we have conceded goals of this sort at home.

I though the keeper made two excellent saves today that I am not convinced Weaver would have done. Leave him in he's doing ok.
  • Options
    Thought he was at fault for the first, got McEverley on the post, then changed his mind.

But he's a Charlton supporter so that gives him a free pass on everything, and Weaver is a easy target.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Thought he was at fault for the first, got McEverley on the post, then changed his mind.

But he's a Charlton supporter so that gives him a free pass on everything, and Weaver is a easy target.

Good to see you, Suzi and others today.

Elliott should have had somebody on the post without doubt but he is a relative youngster playing his 4th first team match! A more experienced player (?Hudson or Fortune) should have had a word or even Kins or Parky should have got a message out there.

He will learn from that hopefully.

I thought he otherwise did very well. He was brave enough to save our bacon by diving amidst flying boots in the first half and does not seem frightened to come off his line which with Weaver and Deano before him is something we've not seen for a while. He made two or three excellent saves otherwise too I thought and his distribution was decent.

I've nothing against Weaver and have defended him on here recently but credit Rob where it is due.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Thought he was at fault for the first, got McEverley on the post, then changed his mind.

Bit of a sh1t dig there Sach.

It looked to me as if McEverley was meant to be on the post, and tried to delay dropping back to the last minute, but timed it all wrong and ended up in no mans land.
  • Options
    Not really Dan, I just look at the Basey/McEverley thread, and I look at the way Weaver was the scapegoat for a few goals, and some players have a pass.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Not really Dan, I just look at the Basey/McEverley thread, and I look at the way Weaver was the scapegoat for a few goals, and some players have a pass.

Well I think it's a bit of a crappy - and pointless - dig too. So what if the kid is getting cut some slack because of his backgrond, etc - surely that's a good thing, something to be commended?
  • Options
    Elliot kept us in the game in the first half. He made some vital saves.

There were some green shoots today.
  • Options
    Put it like this, I felt a lot better with Elliot (forget the fact that he is one of ours and a Charlton boy) in between the posts than I did with Weaver for the last few games, I don't think Nicky Weaver would argue in that he hasn't been in the best form of his life allbeit with not the best defence but elliot stopped that from being 4-2 and looked no worse than Weaver or Darren Randolph

A good keeper we have there
  • Options
    Yeah. I think he is playing at his level. We need more players like him, he wants to play for Charlton. Charlton's number one.