Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Calderwood ....gone!

over to you all.

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2008
    More pertinent, given our current predicament - his number two, Kerslake , has gone with him. A large number (probably a majority?) of Charlton Lifers felt that is what should have happened at CAFC seven games ago when Pardew went.

ps Billy Davies hot favourite to take over...
  • Options
    Billy Davies?.. Where did you hear that?
  • Options
    If Davies goes there then our board need shooting for not acting to get him.
  • Options
    heard he's going to swindon... if they aint got a new one yet
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]If Davies goes there then our board need shooting for not acting to get him[/quote]

Billy Davies pissed us around last time very unprofessionally. His chances of getting the job whilst Murray still has a heart-beat are nil.
  • Options
    Swindon have appointed Danny Wilson
  • Options
    This from the Nottingham Evening Post last night. They hope to unveil Davies today...been talking to him for a month, lining up a replacement for when the inevitable axe fell on Calderwood. A lesson there?

BILLY Davies is Nottingham Forest's number one choice to replace Colin Calderwood, the Evening Post understands.
    The club are hoping to make an appointment in the next 24 hours, before the trip to relegation rivals Norwich.
    And, while Alan Pardew, Alan Curbishley and Adrian Boothroyd remain potential candidates for the role, it is the former Derby manager Davies who tops the club's list.
    It is understood Davies was initially approached more than a month ago, when the pressure began to build on Calderwood as Forest struggled to acclimatise to life in the Championship.
    And, now the axe has fallen on the Scot, following last night's dour 4-2 home defeat at the hands of struggling Doncaster, Forest are likely to pursue fresh talks with the man who steered the Rams into the Premiership.
    Calderwood was sacked following a run of only four wins in 25 matches.
  • Options
    Pardew was sacked a month ago. We should have been talking to Davies along with Forest. I heard from someone on here not sure who that there was no bad blood between Murray and Davies. The boards inactivity in a time of the worst crisis in years at The Valley is starting to look scandalous to me.
  • Options
    Billy Davies will go to Forest, if nothing else than to stick two fingers up at Derby.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Pardew was sacked a month ago. We should have been talking to Davies along with Forest. I heard from someone on here not sure who that there was no bad blood between Murray and Davies. The boards inactivity in a time of the worst crisis in years at The Valley is starting to look scandalous to me.

No bad blood...Mmmmmm, you've 'obviously' not attended any supporters club meetings where RM has been a guest speaker since Pardews appointment....I have.......we are asked not to disclose things said at these meetings....but Shooters, you need to listen and take in what has been 'more than hinted at' in some posts on here..... and by several posters I may add.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You are right that I have not attended any meetings. Forgeting Davies for a moment I still think the board has not as far as I can tell been proactive enough in seeking the right manager. I take your word about Davies though.
  • Options
    Or maybe they are being proactive, but want to make sure they do get the right manager, rather than just rushing in and making a bad decision.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Irish media now reporting Roy Keane in frame for Forest job. Don't know if that's simply because he used to play for them and they always like to put an Irish name in the frame for every job, or whether the mooted Davies appointment has hit a snag.

But Forest's reported intention of announcing an appointment within 24 hours of Calderwood's sacking now looks like it's not going to happen...so let's hope they fare as badly at Carrow Rd under a caretaker tomorrow as we did there last week!
  • Options
    Forest's board have acted, now it's over to ours......
  • Options
    I still think the Board will stick with Parky until the end of the season.

Strategic review will start early Jan (w/c 5th ?) and i expect this to take a couple of weeks . By that time we will be adrift of the pack and almost relegated. Board will then announce that its pointless (geddit) appoiting someone new now and will wait for dust to settle and look to getting someone in during close season.

remember where you read it first.

scoop Golfie.
  • Options
    How on earth will they justify appointing a man who will have led as number 2 then number 1 through our darkest period for donkeys years. Les Reeds record was no worse and if we lose at Sheff Utd then it will be better. God help us.