Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Can we bounce back?

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
Bent D, Young, Carson, Hasselbaink, Diawara, Rommedahl and Thomas will probably leave on ability grounds. I also think Young and Romm will be out of contract.

As far as I know Hermann, Holland, Hughes, Kish and maybe Myhre are also out of contract at the end of the season. Should we offer any of these a new deal as arguably their Prem days are behind them but their experience might help us get promoted?

I should imagine some of the fringe players like Sankofa are also out of contract.

Where does it leave us?

Discuss

Comments

• Options
    this is getting silly guys.

There are 23 games left to go before we should be having 'can we bounce back' conversations ?

surely ?

come on Len, pour yourself a large glass of water and swallow two PMA tablets !
  • Options
    I was bullish last week!

Maybe I'll get positive again after tomorrow night.

Come on you Reds!!!!!
  • Options
    Have we got that Bouncebackability?
  • Options
    "I was bullish last week!"

I know how you feel Len. Despite the results I have been banging the drum all season. However, Sheffield has knocked the stuffing out of me and I now need to pick myself up for tomorrow night, as does the team.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]I now need to pick myself up for tomorrow night........

Royal Oak by 5pm normally does the trick ;-)
  • Options
    me too 1905... first time I've really thought that yes we really are in the dogs doo doo and i dont feel confident of getting out of it.
    please god come wednesday morning we'll all have renewed faith but each week we keep saying we must win the next one and its not happening. very depressing.
  • Options
    As they say Dan "Win or lose - on the booze".

I am actually struggling to find someone to feed my dog and take it out for a dump. Has anyone ever missed a game because of their dog? Such a lame excuse but if I am not there then you know what I am doing...............
  • Options
    Mate just lock in the bathroom and put loads of newspaper down, then you can clear it up when you get home at 11.30 long of 8 pints.......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]As they say Dan "Win or lose - on the booze".

come on its nearly christmas as we're going for a beer... lets do a comp how many pints one person can have from between 6 - 7.50? surely we all need to be anaethetised. plus i want to collect your wycombe money.
  • Options
    Do you think this could be a sob film in the making.....man, dog and football team. Dilemma between the man's best friend and his football team who aren't the dogs bolloxs. A bit like Lassie come home but in this case its 1905.....I'm filling up already!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i'll bring a treat for everyone too!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Do you think this could be a sob film in the making.....man, dog and football team. Dilemma between the man's best friend and his football team who aren't the dogs bolloxs. A bit like Lassie come home but in this case its 1905.....I'm filling up already!

either choice.....he's gonna see $hit.
    if he goes to the game and keeps dog in...he'll see it twice?
  • Options
    "Where does it leave us?"

Enough of this relegation talk, it's early December and there are daily new threads on relegation. Let's wait until Easter. There's a lot of football left and things can turn around quickly. Grant you it looks grim right now but the half a dozen we are going down threads a day are pointless.
  • Options
    Good grief Len! Give you sound groggy!

Things are bad, but perhaps we are simply having our season back to front? Certainly no need for such wrist slitting talk yet!
  • Options
    BFR - I think it is the first time it has dawned on a few of us even the real optimists (of which I am normally one) that there is a very good chance that we will go down. Let us get it out of our system and I for one will promise to try to be more up beat tomorrow.
  • Options
    if 1905 is there tomorrow night, a chorus of 'who let the dogs out' sounds appropriate !!!
  • Options
    What about "Dogs shit...and you know it is"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i'll bring a treat for everyone too!

Cool!

Can you keep your clothes on this time though.....
  • Options
    oi!!!
  • Options
    Why dont you bring the dog with you 1905? Maybe you can teach him / her to bark in time with the claps?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I could get Rom to take it for a walk.......he could do something useful for once.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]I could get Rom to take it for a walk.......he could do something useful for once.

He'd only bugger it up and come back with the dog still needing a dump and not tired
  • Options
    Rom would come back panting.

All I can say is, thank goodness for my old Mum. She is going to sort him out for me. This film looks as though it is going to have a happy ending, all we need now is 3 points..................................
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Bent D, Young, Carson, Hasselbaink, Diawara, Rommedahl and Thomas will probably leave on ability grounds. I also think Young and Romm will be out of contract.

Ability grounds? You can take these three of your list IMO:
    Rommerdahl has the ability maybe but we rarely see it as he's such a woman. I doubt he'll interest many other Premiership clubs.
    Diawara has so far only proved himself in Ligue 1 which is about equal to the Championship except for Lyon.
    Hasselbaink's a moaner and old news.
  • Options
    Someone organising a drinking competition?