Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A point on Jonjo

edited December 2008 in General Charlton
I remember when Everton found themselves in a similar, if not lesser situation than ours at the moment. They had a 16/17 year old Wayne Rooney in their side. Moyes said that he would have loved to give him a bit of protection, not to have had to play him as much as he was, but the fact was he was a good player and they needed him.

I think the time has come to forget about protecting Jonjo. We need the bloke in the side and we're kidding ourselves if we think we're in a position to leave one of our best players out for the sake of their development.

Comments

• Options
    if we play him i think he'll stay but i think that him not getting a look in is frustrating him and he may be on his way ;-(
  • Options
    Hopefully he'll be on the bench more regularly and get a start in the FA Cup match.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]if we play him i think he'll stay but i think that him not getting a look in is frustrating him and he may be on his way ;-(

I get the idea that it's his father who's more of a problem than Jonjo himself.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    BANG ON SOUND AS - - He was a nightmare with Pardew so no doubt just as bad with Parky.

but agree with what others say - he is obviously good enough , what we have played in midfield has not been good enough so why not give him a go.
  • Options
    It looked like Parky was going to bring Jonjo on yesterday just before we scored our second, but then changed his mind. I'm assuming he was planning to take Bailey off, but thought that wouldn't be a good idea as he was the one that had just scored.
  • Options
    He is definatley worth a start for a few matches, we do tend to put any player who isnt getting a game into cult status though.
  • Options
    i'd play Jonjo in away games.

OK I know I used to say home games but thinking about it there's nowhere near as much pressure int he away games so give him a go.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]It looked like Parky was going to bring Jonjo on yesterday just before we scored our second, but then changed his mind. I'm assuming he was planning to take Bailey off, but thought that wouldn't be a good idea as he was the one that had just scored.

I very much doubt he was thinking of bringing Bailey off, he was playing his best game for months.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]if we play him i think he'll stay but i think that him not getting a look in is frustrating him and he may be on his way ;-(

Even if we don't play him at the moment and he leaves for another club on his 17th birthday - he's hardly going to play regularly soon for (presumably) a Premier league club.
  • Options
    I also thought that JJ was coming on instead of Bailey- I think that Bailey was going to make way as he was starting to bitch to the ref again andParky could see him talking himself into trouble- however once he had got the second theere was no way that Parky could have brought him straight off- It worked though as the second goal gave him more confidence and he forgot about moaning to the ref every couple of minutes. This was the Bailey we WANT to see more off.