Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Unofficial Bring Back Brian Cole Thread

edited December 2008 in General Charlton
Did anyone else here the guy say yeaterday 'Its East London against West London'
Complete twonk bring back Cole.

Comments

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited December 2008
    i think we have bigger problems to concentrate on

Edit: if you can get bigger than bc. ;-)
  • Options
    True enough. I was thinking of Cole as manager
  • Options
    I say bring back Brian for the Palarse match, at the very least!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nelsenout[/cite]Did anyone else here the guy say yeaterday 'Its East London against West London'

I didn't hear this but if its true, what a plank.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nelsenout[/cite]Did anyone else here the guy say yeaterday 'Its East London against West London'

Did he really say that? What a pillock.

Seriously, how much is he costing us each match?
  • Options
    I had thought that what Mr Nuttall says was scripted by Steve Sutherland, or someone in 'Communications', but I can't believe that anyone at CAFC would write 'East London'.

For all his 'shrink into the advertising hoardings' profile pitch-side, might as well have someone sitting with BDL to do the announcements - but does anyone listen to the endless ticket info anyway?!
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    He did say it - I heard it as I was taking my seat and actually thought I must have misheard. But many others heard it, too, so I'm not as deaf or daft as I first feared.

I suppose he was just trying to hype it up as a city derby (like Charlton v Shef U tomorrow is probably a 'titanic struggle between North and South' in some demented headline writer's brain). But it came across as utterly crass.

However, as I noted in another thread, perhaps this geographical realignment is a good thing. If we go down and Milwall come up, we won't have to call ourselves third in south London. We can be second in east London after WHU!
  • Options
    It was cringeworthy.

In the grand scheme of things it is not that important who does the pa job but after all the cutbacks the club has made on staff in the last two years surely this clown should be somewhere near the top of the list, especially as BDL does a good job when the Northerner is otherwise engaged, which is fairly often for a once a fortnight job.

Maybe Pardew wrote his script for a windup
  • Options
    Have to say I think the bloke's a complete twat, can't see why we continue to employ him surely we could save some cash and maybe buy some studs for some of our players who seem unable to stay on their feet during some matches.
  • Options
    Maybe he has the same map of London Gary Lineker has..he thinks we're in east london.
    Get rid of this prick NOW!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    defo said it and defo has to go, we do have a lot more important things to worry about but FFS what next ? "lets get behind our lillywhites here at upton park, come on you lions!!"
  • Options
    "Did anyone else here the guy say yeaterday 'Its East London against West London'
    Complete twonk bring back Cole."

Yep, couldn't believe it when I heard it.

What a depressing way to start the game!

All you needed was an Aaa-haaah and a 10" plate.
  • Options
    Well sorry to disappoint you all but Charlton is on the East side of London.
    I really don't see your problem. You're the same peole who get all worked up when people make jokes about Charlton.
  • Options
    Charlton may well be on the east side of London, that's not why I personally dislike the bloke and after supporting Charlton for over thirty years I am well and truly past worrying about people making jokes about Charlton.
  • Options
    I must remember to shout 'Oh East London is wonderful, oh East London is wonderful; its full of 'etc etc. next time.
  • Options
    It caused quite a stir up near me in the EAST stand.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Well sorry to disappoint you all but Charltonison the East side of London.

South East London

SE7
  • Options
    So the next time we play West Ham it'll be North vs South London

At least that'll annoy the hamsters.
  • Options
    And the Palarse game will be East vs South.
  • Options
    You lot are so pathetically pinickerty, and you wonder why we're called anoraks, trainspotters etc...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Well sorry to disappoint you all but Charltonison the East side of London.

SouthEast London

SE7

The South = South of river, East = East side of London - Get over it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: w/sladeaddick[/cite]Charlton may well be on the east side of London, that's not why I personally dislike the bloke and after supporting Charlton for over thirty years I am well and truly past worrying about people making jokes about Charlton.

For the record I think he is a tool too.

I wrote to RM the day after BC_addcik was sacked and told him in no uncertain terms what I thought. He read my letter, he told me. Ok he didn't re-instate Brian but I'm glad I made my feelings known.
    The dismissal of BC is just one of many things we have got so very wrong on and off the pitch over the last 5 years.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]You lot are so pathetically pinickerty, and you wonder why we're called anoraks, trainspotters etc...

shut up you trainspotting anorak ;o)
  • Options
    We are still No1 in South East London then but if Millwall come up we will be no1 in SE7!
  • Options
    The bloke did say it. Why the club continue to employ him when BDL could do the role far better is a mystery.
  • Options
    I'd do it, if I can appease a Sheerness hen night I can appease you lot with a microphone!!

Silly northern twonk!!

But I'm with chirpy, I don't give that much of a rats arse
  • Options
    The point isn't whether Charlton is in the north, south, east or west of London. Anyone with a modicum of knowledge of the club knows that it is known - by it's own fans and football fan in general - as a South London club.

Simple really. The fella doing the tannoy should know that - but he clearly doesn't and I'm guessing that's why people have got the ump.

Not the biggest thing to get worked up about, but annoying all the same - particularly when delivered by a norvan munkee!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]Maybe he has the same map of London Gary Lineker has..he thinks we're in east london.
    Get rid of this prick NOW!![/quote]

Watch out for those splinters on that fence Postie !
  • Options
    I believe we may be playing back in SE London London on saturday as Our current announcer is once again taking advantage of another gig. At least we will hopefully have BDL pitchside instead
  • Options
    Lets have a coup while he's abandoned us

What about a Brian Big Dave combo, as part of our new start?
    Where are the fans representatives when real issues face us?