Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC TV

edited December 2008 in General Charlton
Anyone else been having problems with their subscription? I signed up a couple of months ago and it took ages as an error screen prevented me from entering card details for a few days. I signed up to the special offer £1.99 till December 26th offer with the intention of letting the subscription roll over but I got an email yesterday saying my card had expired (which it hasn't) and the error screen is back again when I try to resubscribe...

anyone else having similar problems? or know what to do? the countdown is on for me to be able to listen to the commentary tomorrow!

Comments

• Options
    I opted for the year subscription and apart from the very first game, everything has worked perfectly.
  • Options
    Yep, my card has been rejected as well. Can't be bothered to sign up again. Think I'll save the monthly subs.
  • Options
    worth noting for anyone who hasn't signed up but is thinking about it, that if you did the £1.99 trial and then cancel (as I did, didn't think it was worth £40 a year), they should send you an email offering it for £29.99 for the year.
  • Options
    I haven't signed up yet because there 'seem' to be ongoing problems of varying sorts...as well as the quality of the commentating....can anyone on here actually recommend the service?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]I haven't signed up yet because there 'seem' to be ongoing problems of varying sorts...as well as the quality of the commentating....can anyone on here actually recommend the service?

Aye, as I say apart from the first game it's been perfect ever since.
  • Options
    the highlights are good, although usually quite short. everytime i've used commentary it's worked fine, but i've heard it doesn't always. you can usually find it somewhere on the internet for free as well (especially if someone posts it on charltonlife). if you actually go to the games there's not really much to get out of cafctv...
  • Options
    Has CAFCTV gone to the wall as well as Woolies. For some unknown reason my Direct Debit and subcription has been cancelled? And I can't seem re-subscribe. Is there a phone number that I can actually speak to someone or is this a temporary blip?
  • Options
    They will get back to you: customerservices@premiumtv.co.uk
  • Options
    Only complaint for me is the inane wittering from Emma whateverhernameis....bloody awful stilted commentary...no problems other than that
  • Options
    only just discovered you can get the latest Championship highlights on the Virgin Media website:

http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/Charlton/Home/0,,12555,00.html

and FA cup highlights on ITV website:

http://www.itv.com/Sport/Football/FACup/VideoWall/default.html
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't get mine to work, asking me to register with Sheff Utd's website the other day. Not be bothering again.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I can't stand that Emma Whatserface woman, she is a real Z list commentator,her work on BBC London is of the shouty whiny annoying variety and I turn her down then (when I can listen for free), the idea of paying to hear her is one that I would never contemplate with a sane mind. If the match highlights are as brief as some on here have said then the Virgin football website does a reasonable round up of the Championship for nowt as Deano has excellently advised.
    The whole Catv thing although well intentioned on the club's part is basically benefits the football league and their ridiculously draconian broadcasting rules, the club barely get any of the money as I understand it and it just goes to them. The club should have had something similar to what it did a few years back with ALL monies going to the club. I'm sure they must have considered it and something must have prevented them hence the dreaded Premium Tv tie up, the scourge of most football websites.
    That'll be a No from me then!
  • Options
    The Norwich 'match highlights' consisted of our goal and their goal.
  • Options
    The Football League really shoot themselves in the foot with their ridiculous restrictions on foreign rights.

I get Sirius Satellite radio in my car & it has full commentaries on all Premier League games - these are basically the Radio 5 commentaries.

However if Radio 5 go to a Championship game for a report during the commentary - some Yank in the Sirius studio takes over the commentary of the Premier game until the Championship report is finished - as obviously the "rights" prevent any live broadcasts outside of the UK, even a 30 second update during a live commentary !!!!

It is absolutely pathetic - who are these idiots at the Football League???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]The Football League really shoot themselves in the foot with their ridiculous restrictions on foreign rights.

I get Sirius Satellite radio in my car & it has full commentaries on all Premier League games - these are basically the Radio 5 commentaries.

However if Radio 5 go to a Championship game for a report during the commentary - some Yank in the Sirius studio takes over the commentary of the Premier game until the Championship report is finished - as obviously the "rights" prevent any live broadcasts outside of the UK, even a 30 second update during a live commentary !!!!

It is absolutely pathetic - who are these idiots at the Football League???

I don't understand half of the rights regulations.

What about the whole copyrighting the fixture list so "unauthorised" websites such as a forum can't copy and paste the fixture list to benefit other people at the start of the season? I always wondered if there is any actual justification for that..
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    and they wonder why those clubs left in 1992! The Football League is an ancient and restrictive dinosaur.