Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I'm off to enjoy seeing a record equalling performance tomorrow...

edited December 2008 in General Charlton
1 game away from equalling a 54 year record........16 games without a win.

this team has already broken the record for a winless run during a season.......the record was 14 games and they heroically broke it yesterday. Now to see them equal it tomorrow and then go all out to break the all time club record against Forest on the 10th Jan.

gee, they make me so proud those boys.............

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2008
    Glory glory charlton f.c.
    Glory glory charlton f.c.
    Glory glory charlton f.c......................as the reds go marchin, on on on???
  • Options
    I have this strange feeling we're going to win tomorrow. Typical Charlton to save our first win in ages for an away game where our support is going to be absolutely tiny.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]I have this strange feeling we're going to win tomorrow. Typical Charlton to save our first win in ages for an away game where our support is going to be absolutely tiny.

Make u right, dont know about the win though ;-)
  • Options
    I confidently predict a win tomorrow - 2-1 -
    i can just sense it!!
  • Options
    Why would you "enjoy" seeing us equal or break such a record. What a strange post - even for you Golfie!
  • Options
    Good luck, Golfie

Enjoy your day out
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Good luck to the brave travelling band.

Driving back from the QPR game on Boxing Day, I heard the host on the Radio London phone-in saying: "I want to hear from any Charlton fans who've been to the match today. Why do you still bother going to see such a terrible team?'' Nobody called in and rose to his bait, I'm glad to say - but you guys on your way up to Sheffield are giving his ridiculous question a noble answer!

Actually, I've got a wild hunch you might just see us sneak an improbable win today. Pardew lost his job after losing to Shef U. A funny feeling tells me that fate, with her usual dose of heavy irony, is going to hand the job to Parky with three points against the same side this afternoon. I predict we will be outplayed all game but for once Beattie won't shoot straight and our winning goal will bounce in inadvertently off a Blades defender's bum in the 94th minute as we get the ball into their box for only the third time in the entire match!
  • Options
    To the host of radio london's phone-in- it's called supporting your team love, supporters support their team through the good times and bad, you don't have a choice. We could all take the soft option of supporting Arsenal who never go up or down but always stay the same, where top 4 finishes are expected as a god given right or we could join the other bandwagon jumpers who profess to support Chelsea who look down their noses at everyone else and who coveniently forget that in the 80's they to were shite.
    We could even pretend that football was invented by Rupert Murdoch in his sky laboratory in 1992 like that presenter probably thinks it was or we could just stay as we are and support our team in the knowledge that all the good times have well and truly been paid for (and in full) and that we will be there rain or shine supporting our team because Mr/Mrs radio presenter that it what supporters erm..do.
  • Options
    Bang on, Pilchard.

We're supporters, Charlton supporters, that's what we do.

Support our team. Don't we ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Why would you "enjoy" seeing us equal or break such a record. What a strange post - even for you Golfie!

Golfie thrives on defeat and despair so that he can fight righteous and dignify his own despondancy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Why would you "enjoy" seeing us equal or break such a record. What a strange post - even for you Golfie!

Golfie thrives on defeat and despair so that he can fight righteous and dignify his own despondancy.

He must be as happy as a pig in shite right now then!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]"I want to hear from any Charlton fans who've been to the match today. Why do you still bother going to see such a terrible team?''

I know why I went today, we're shit, the team need the support. I probably wouldnt have botherd if things where going well, it's times like this we as fans need to pull together and help the team out of this mess.
  • Options
    Stu, I salute you. You're bonkers, but exactly the kind of support we need right now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]"I want to hear from any Charlton fans who've been to the match today. Why do you still bother going to see such a terrible team?''

I know why I went today, we're shit, the team need the support. I probably wouldnt have botherd if things where going well, it's times like this we as fans need to pull together and help the team out of this mess.

we can't help them out of this mess. They need to help themselves out of this mess and at the moment I see no inclination to do so. To think I am now watching officially the joint worse team in Charlton history, breaks my heart. Unfortunately they don't deserve our support. Today certainly wasn't the worst performance of the season BUT there is so much wrong you just don't know where to start. Closing players down at throw-ins, shirking tackles, not sticking a player on the post when we have already conceded 2 such goals in recent games etc etc.
  • Options
    I was also one of the few who went and fewer who sang (even though I usually sit in the lower west).

The team needs us more than ever. Around 100 stayed at the end yesterday and clapped the team off. At home they would have been booed off (which would not help now)

Turn up if you love Charlton!

Let's get behind the Addicks!

We need to play our part in turning this around. However bad it gets, get behind the team.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Why would you "enjoy" seeing us equal or break such a record.

For those who love citing their credentials as a Charlton fan, who bang on about how long they've supported the club and how they watched us on cold Tuesday nights (funny it always seems to be cold Tuesday nights) in Rochdale/Darlington/Hartlepool/take your pick, this must be manna from heaven. For evermore they can wear the badge with pride that they followed Charlton through the record breaking lows of the 2008-9 season. Except for those oldies who were there for our previous worst season, they now been joined by a load of young upstarts.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]we can't help them out of this mess. They need to help themselves out of this mess and at the moment I see no inclination to do so. To think I am now watching officially the joint worse team in Charlton history, breaks my heart. Unfortunately they don't deserve our support. Today certainly wasn't the worst performance of the season BUT there is so much wrong you just don't know where to start. Closing players down at throw-ins, shirking tackles, not sticking a player on the post when we have already conceded 2 such goals in recent games etc etc.

Couldn't disagree more. The way the home fans turn against the team so easily partially contributes to why we aren't winning by creating such a negative atmosphere. Like Stu, normally I wouldn't have gone yesterday, but I did because at times like these support is exactly what the team needs. Almost turned around and said something at QPR when the people behind said they wouldn't renew their season tickets if we got relagated, then I thought thats exactly the support (or lack of support) we don't need.

Anyway... I see relegation as a great excuse to visit 23 grounds I haven't been to yet...............!