Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I honestly think it's gonna be Ince taking over

edited December 2008 in General Charlton
And I also think he will keep us up.

It came to me in a dream last night

Keith Andrews came on loan too and was blinding

Comments

• Options
    .........and Julie Andrews sang at half time and was deafening ;)
  • Options
    And, for those old enough to remember, Archie Andrews is going to take over the match announcements. He might only be a ventriloquists dummy, but he'll do a better job than the dummy who told us yesterday's game was 'West London v East London'...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]And, for those old enough to remember, Archie Andrews is going to take over the match announcements. He might only be a ventriloquists dummy, but he'll do a better job than the dummy who told us yesterday's game was 'West London v East London'...

But it was! Get your map out pal.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Sorry, Chirps. I know its SE 7, but I thought the S came before the E because we were south London rather than east London. I must've been singing it wrong all these years!
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]And, for those old enough to remember, Archie Andrews is going to take over the match announcements. He might only be a ventriloquists dummy, but he'll do a better job than the dummy who told us yesterday's game was 'West London v East London'...

Attention seeking again Micheal!
  • Options
    If a map of London is looked at, we are far more East than South!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]

Attention seeking again Micheal!

Spell my name right and I may take notice of you.
  • Options
    Oh of course, silly old me......................................................sorry Mikaela.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]If a map of London is looked at, we are far more East than South!

No sorry mate you are wrong.We are south of the river, therefore we are a south London club, always have been, always will. I am a south Londoner not an Eastender, and proud of it. Millwall are an East London club in the wrong place, but we carry the name of a south London town, our mainstay of support is traditionally south Londoners. We are not bloody Eastenders! That label goes to fans of West Ham, Orient and (properly) Millwall, maybe Dagenham and Redbridge too. We are south London, get it? The "E" counts for very little, only that it's the easterly bit of south London. As for Ince, God I hope not. I can live happily without listening to the manager of my team blame his skin colour every time something goes against him!
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Eltham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]If a map of London is looked at, we are far more East than South!

No sorry mate you are wrong.We are south of the river, therefore we are a south London club, always have been, always will. I am a south Londoner not an Eastender, and proud of it. Millwall are an East London club in the wrong place, but we carry the name of a south London town, our mainstay of support is traditionally south Londoners. We are not bloody Eastenders! That label goes to fans of West Ham, Orient and (properly) Millwall, maybe Dagenham and Redbridge too. We are south London, get it? The "E" counts for very little, only that it's the easterly bit ofsouthLondon. As for Ince, God I hope not. I can live happily without listening to the manager of my team blame his skin colour every time something goes against him!

Actually, I'm not wrong fella, and you need to take a chill pill. Postcodes are there to help the Post Office.
    No one is calling us Eastenders, but we are on the East side of London so when we play QPR it is East V West!
    Cockneys do not come from the East End as we know it. A Cockney is born within the sound of Bow Bells, Bow Church, Bow Lane in the City. Someone born at Guys or in Bermondsy is more of a Cockney than someone from West Ham. Most true Cockneys these days are from South of the River, but on the East side of London.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Actually it should have been North West London V South East London if we are going to be pedantic!
  • Options
    The way i was always led to believe that the terminology of SE or NW is

for example

South of East London SE

North of West London NW

EC east of City

WC West of City

if they are right then you all of you who are disagreeing are all right

Now this may be complete bollox but so is the debate even if we are eastlondon we are not known as that and therefore if people think that it is a liberty for our own MC to not know his own audience then i make them right.

We are and always will be known as South East London and therefore South Londonders
  • Options
    And how come Chelski are in SW2 ?
    Thought they were North of the Thames.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]The way i was always led to believe that the terminology of SE or NW is

for example

South of East London SE

North of West London NW

EC east of City

WC West of City

Well actually EC and WC stand for East Central and West Central.
    London is split into 3 major areas, Central, Inner and Greater.
    EC and WC Postcodes for Central, SE, NW, E, SW etc for Inner London. Greater London are the boroughs like Croydon, Bromley and Bexley.

My whole argument has nothing to do with Postcodes, Charlton is on the East side of London- FACT!
  • Options
    FFS Chirpy, you've achieved your sad goal in life: you managed to highjack a thread and get a few fishies on the hook.

Everything after this, not Ince related, will be deleted.
  • Options
    Is Ince related to Chirpy ?
    ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Is Ince related to Chirpy ?
    ;-)

Would explain alot.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Eltham[/cite]
    As for Ince, God I hope not. I can live happily without listening to the manager of my team blame his skin colour every time something goes against him!
    WTF? is this meant to be a wind-up - or are you seriously that deluded? I think I've heard Ince mention ONCE (in about two hundred interviews I've seen with him as a manager) the fact that he's black - and that was in an interview conducted specifically to discuss the issue of why there are so few black managers in football.

Nice to see the old Daily Mail conspiracy theorists are still alive and well though eh?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]FFS Chirpy, you've achieved your sad goal in life: you managed to highjack a thread and get a few fishies on the hook.

Everything after this, not Ince related, will be deleted.

Excuse me!

It wasn't me it was Nigel W.

I tried to point out to people where they'd gone wrong. I didn't ask them to keep disagreeing.
  • Options
    Wasn't me. Shrew said 'Julie Andrews'. And I merely followed with 'Archie Andrews' !

What about Eamonn Andrews?