Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheff U v Charlton - Match thread

edited December 2008 in General Charlton
Expecting the same team today or a bit of squad rotation ?

Comments

• Options
    I can see Burton starting.....most likely Waghorn would be the one to step aside were that to happen.
    Any news of injuries?
  • Options
    Wouldn't mind seeing a more defensive approach with Basey in for Bouazza, otherwise changes only for knocks, from Friday.
  • Options
    According to SSN Sheff Utd are down to two fit defenders. Midfield doesn't look to rosy either, no Speed and his replacement Spring is ill.

Unfortunately we have to contend with the Beattie factor. Can't see anything other than meek surrender and yet another awy day nightmare.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]According to SSN Sheff Utd are down to two fit defenders. Midfield doesn't look to rosy either, no Speed and his replacement Spring is ill.

Unfortunately we have to contend with the Beattie factor. Can't see anything other than meek surrender and yet another awy day nightmare.

Clem FFS mate...come on be positive...what a bloody gloomy post...just about the most depressing I've 'ever' read on any message board ...I sincerely hope your attitude isn't duplicated amongst the team and staff sitting down for breakfast this morning.
    You've given up before the whistle blows...one should NEVER do that....NEVER! We might just as well pack up now with that kind of thought process.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]According to SSN Sheff Utd are down to two fit defenders. Midfield doesn't look to rosy either, no Speed and his replacement Spring is ill.

Clem FFS mate...come on be positive...what a bloody gloomy post...just about the most depressing I've 'ever' read on any message board ...I sincerely hope your attitude isn't duplicated amongst the team and staff sitting down for breakfast this morning.
    You've given up before the whistle blows...one should NEVER do that....NEVER! We might just as well pack up now with that kind of thought process.

He's been brainwashed by Golfie. (who is now rubbing his hands at the thought of a record breaking defeat and more stuff to moan about).
  • Options
    keith gillespie hits the winner
  • Options
    err Sound, he's not playing !! he's only offering his comment, one probably a lot of people fell similar about.

Anyway, back to the game....
  • Options
    Cant see Parky making too many changes, prob Burton in for Waggy, doubt Basey will start though.
  • Options
    I think McEvil and the count could work together;
    both can defend and both like getting up that left wing.
  • Options
    Can't see us getting anything from it, but there's always a chance one day they might surprise us and give us something to smile about going into the new year
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Keep the same side as much as possible and just keep plugging away,
    sooner or later a surprise win is going to start the play off push!
    failing that plenty of defenders and hold out as long as poss. late winner the only way i can see any points.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Keep it tight and 0-0 for as long as we can and hopefull nick a goal. I can't help but think if we concede firs the game will be lost there and then. That seems to be the norm away from home these days.
  • Options
    5 v 0 Utd. Beatie in 5 mins. 3 v 0 half time.

No more corners to "turn" just a straight "roman" road to Division 1.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]5 v 0 Utd. Beatie in 5 mins. 3 v 0 half time.

No more corners to "turn" just a straight "roman" road to Division 1.[/quote]

"........And a Happy New Year......................................."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]

SoundAs might not be playing ......... but what's the point of giving up before we've even started? We'd rightly berate the players if that was their attitude.

I know we're all feeling that this is a difficult fixture, and that we can't seem to scrape a win whether we deserve it or not.
    But all sequences must come to an end sooner or later. It might be today or it might not.

You never know. ;o)
  • Options
    Well if Sheff Utd are down to the bare bones then you never know. Very few teams in this div have enough money to have decent squads, so a few players missing and you are looking at a very ordinary team, i should think Sheff Utd would fall into this category. Would nice to see Todorov back on the bench as an impact sub...think he could have made the difference against QPR.

Grey used to play for Sheff Utd so i will go for him to score and if we are talking 'law of averages' then I will go for a 1-2 Charlton win, topped off with a Semedo winner !
  • Options
    In the last year we have had one of the longest shit spells ever in CAFC`s history. How many games in one whole year have we won ? how many times (home or away) have we never been in the game and been tonked ? F**king lucky to have the supprort they are still geting.

Parky didnt do anything in the last two seasons did he ? he is possibly the WORST ever caretaker for anyone.

I hope for the peeps who make the long journey the "team" do something.
  • Options
    Im gutted, this will be my first missed game since our splendid run of no wins on the trott and i wont be at all upset if they win without me there (not much)
    Now is not the time for my own selfishness, so...............................COME ON U BUNCH OF GIRLS RUB MY NOSE IN IT AND GET A RESULT!!!

4-2 CHARLTON WIN!!!

When it happens, its gunna happen big, and when we all least expect it.................

KEEP CALM and CARRY ON
  • Options
    thats it oggy you old gits stick 2gether :-)
  • Options
    Blimey, Bloodnut - if we do win today without you, it's going to be very hard not to conclude that IT'S ALL BEEN YOUR FAULT !!! The club are going to have to redeploy a few of our tougher stewards on match days to come round yours and keep you under house arrest!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]thats it oggy you old gits stick 2gether :-)

Oi, watch it, NLA - i'm a lot younger than SoundAs.

And not so much older than you!

;o)
  • Options
    2-1 to Sheff yooo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]thats it oggy you old gits stick 2gether :-)

Oi, watch it, NLA - i'm a lot younger than SoundAs.

And not so much older than you!

;o)

Oi ......ya cheeky young gits!!!
  • Options
    I'm staying out of this one !!!
  • Options
    anyone older than me is offically an oldie

what time is KO?

Is it 3pm
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Think so NLA.

Off subject, Arsenal fans boo-ing their own side and Andy Reid out injured for S'land (again).
    Crouch hits post at Highbury(25 mins).
  • Options
    Faye scores for Stoke at West Ham (dunno which one), and Liverpool do Newcastle 5-1 at St.James's.
  • Options
    Most games I clutch to the straw of the fact that there's loads of poor teams in this league and we should be able to get a result. However, Sheff Utd probably count as one of the better outfits, we're away which means automatic defeat, and we currently couldn't keep a clean sheet against the Dog and Duck reserves. This means that we wil obviously win....but sorry, I just can't see it. 0-2, Samedo sent off, Bouazza arrested for loitering without intent.
  • Options
    Gone 2.30 - where's the team news?