Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Arter

Saw him on Saturday for 1st time in 18 months. He was an all action midfielder in the Scotty Parker mould but seems to have copied his brother-in-law's penchant for strolling around when not in posession. Has Scotty influenced his play or is he just recovering fitness?

Having said that he is a quality player. Can play the killer ball, good free kicks - I saw him take them both left and right footed, tackles and reads the game well. What sets him apart from Wright and Shelvey is his ability on the ball. He has a turn of pace and runs with the ball, committing opponents, then off-loading a pass. I hear he takes wicked whipped-in corners as well.

I think we need him back asap.

Comments

• Options
    This was in Conference South wasn't it?
  • Options
    Ryman Premier actually.....

Always a good yard stick for how people will perform in the Championship.
  • Options
    Did wonder why he went on loan that low, from what I've read he's more promising than Yussuff who's on loan in the Conference.

He has been injured for nearly a year, he'll surely go on loan at a higher level once he's had some more games and got that bit fitter.
  • Options
    Before anyone else does it:

"well he's got to be better than the current crock of sh*t"

There you go - nobody else needs to say it now do they?
  • Options
    I'd love to see us take a decent corner before the end of the season...get him back.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Ryman Premier actually.....

Always a good yard stick for how people will perform in the Championship.[/quote]

Shelvey went straight into the Championship for us with only a few reserve outings, as did Bowyer when he came straight in and had an impact. I have been touting him for a few years based on his obvious quality. Wright and Parker went out on loan because they needed to show more. Parker did and for me the jury is still out on Wright who was ordinary at best for Brentford and had one good game for us, but many here tout him as the future. Arter has what Holland, Bailey, Semedo, Wright and Sinclair don't (but Racon and ZZ do) - the ability to carry the ball forward rather than just pass it (often sideways).
  • Options
    Arter has what Holland, Bailey, Semedo, Wright and Sinclair don't (but Racon and ZZ do) - the ability to carry the ball forward rather than just pass it (often sideways).

We are missing that at the moment, if we don't have a creative midfielder we at least need someone like that which will help to create chances.