Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Saturday

edited December 2008 in General Charlton
Looking forward to the game and seeing old faces.

i hope we go for it for every min.
i hope some of the kids get a chnace
i hope we dont play a second team (if we have one)
i hope di Canio and Sir Chris are introduced as the new management team
i hope we dont draw

see there is always hope
-
-
-
-
-
-
well till we kick off !

Comments

• Options
    Let's look at these hopes of yours goonerhater.......

i hope we go for it for every min. - No chance
    i hope some of the kids get a chnace - No chance
    i hope we dont play a second team (if we have one) - errr not sure which team we are currently fielding
    i hope di Canio and Sir Chris are introduced as the new management team - No chance
    i hope we dont draw - Most probably will do

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but suspect you knew the answers anyway.
  • Options
    Poor old Goonerhater, definitely not one of the rose-tinted brigade.

From his place in the sun he's just tried his best to look at the Cup run as a 'day off' and opportunity for Charlton to try a new formula - and maybe break the curse of defeatism.

And within 5 minutes got shot down by a Gloomster, lol
  • Options
    I would rather be known as a realist please Oggy ................many thanks.
  • Options
    I would take a 10 nil defeat on Saturday if it meant we could beat Forest 1 nil next week
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Definitely tongue in cheek, 1905 ......hence the lol.

What made me chuckle was the irony of GH, deffo a glass half empty character, putting a brave face on it - and trying to say,"What the hell, there is always hope ....... until ko".

And then you blasted him with your 'reality' of no chance, no hope.
    GH was right there, though, the reality is that we've got a game with no League result hanging on it.

The reality is that we might as well enjoy it.

:o)
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Oggy having been going for 40+ years i dont see how u can be anything else than a glass half empty type. 5 good years and 35+ shit years tell me its better to belive we wnt get much --------------- stats are 100% on my side.

as for Saturday im taking a few peeps for a meal etc on me im lucky ive had a good year. So i hope we win, but its CAFc why would this game be differant ? T be honest im looking forward to having a good meal a good few beers and a luagh with mates ------------------and lets face it last 4/5 seasons thats all we have had.
  • Options
    Oggy - it was taken as tongue in cheek mate.

I am normally reasonably upbeat but am extremely pissed off today cos I have spent the morning being ridiculed by a palace fan ..........just came very close to telling him to f**k off but just had to sit here thinking "my day will come". The really depressing thing is that he has a very hitable face .........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Oggy having been going for 40+ years i dont see how u can be anything else than a glass half empty type. 5 good years and 35+ shit years tell me its better to belive we wnt get much
    stats are 100% on my side.

as for Saturday im taking a few peeps for a meal etc on me im lucky ive had a good year. So i hope we win, but its CAFc why would this game be differant ? T be honest im looking forward to having a good meal a good few beers and a luagh with mates
    and lets face it last 4/5 seasons thats all we have had.

Funny that, GH ..... me too, I've also been going for 40+ years .....and I've seen exactly the same players, matches and results as you - but I always feel that however poorly we play, there's always a chance. And been proved right as often as I've been proved wrong, lol

Anyway, that wasn't my point. I thought in your original post you were being ironic, laced with gentle sarcasm and humour.
    Saturday's match is there for Charlton to have a stab at, without feeling the pressure that's strangling the club at the moment.

And as you say, the whole point of going in Saturday is to have a good time with friends - without worrying too much about the result. Next time I'm up, if you're in the UK, we'll have to catch up and have a beer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]Oggy - it was taken as tongue in cheek mate.

I am normally reasonably upbeat but am extremely pissed off today cos I have spent the morning being ridiculed by a palace fan ..........just came very close to telling him to f**k off but just had to sit here thinking "my day will come". The really depressing thing is that he has a very hitable face .........

No worries, 1905 ....... in truth, I'm as gutted as you are by this rubbish run of results. But Heigh-ho, the sun rises every morning and the world goes round once more. Mind you, don't envy you your Palace 'friend', lol

Bow to instinct, mate - and give him what he deserves ....!

• Options
    I intend to get absolutely hammered before, during and after Saturday's game.

I hope this is helpful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]The team hope to get absolutely hammered before, during and after Saturday's game.

I hope this is helpful.

Probably.....!

• Options
    Because the game has no importance to our season we will probably win. Then we will lose the next league game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Screamer[/cite]Because the game has no importance to our season we will probably win. Then we will lose the next league game.

Fug me, you're a bundle of joy aren't you mate?!
    ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Screamer[/cite]Because the game has no importance to our season we will probably win. Then we will lose the next league game.

Fug me, you're a bundle of joy aren't you mate?!
    ;o)

christ, you could apply that to many members of this forum!
  • Options
    Hi Suzi, did I hear you've got 2 mince pies going spare....?

Or perhaps you could bake a batch of hash cakes for the Lifers on here?
    Give them something to look forward to.

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Hi Suzi, did I hear you've got 2 mince pies going spare....?

Or perhaps you could bake a batch of hash cakes for the Lifers on here?
    Give them something to look forward to.

;o)

hmmmm, don't hash cake give you a small high for approximately half hour and then leave you lower than you were before? definately not a good idea! downers are not the answer!!!!
  • Options
    I predict the crowd on Saturday will be terrible. Who actually knows what day of the week it is today after this long lay-off? I expect about a third of the potential crowd to show up on Friday and a third on Sunday - leaving about 6,000 who guess right and actually realise which day is Saturday.

And that's without factoring in any hash cakes !!!!
  • Options
    U know i never thought i would say this, I HOPE WE LOSE 5-0, so we can forget about a dream cup run to Wembley and just f****** concentrate on staying up, the longer Parkinson stays the more i am begining to plan my trip to Carlisle next year!!!
  • Options
    well said there was hope ---------------but think 1905 is nearer the mark than me sadly.