Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Jewell For Charlton?

edited December 2008 in General Charlton
Would we want to take him on? I think he could do some good for us, what does everyone else think??

Comments

• Options
    FFS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Friends of ours who are Derby fans were really disappointed with their equaliser the other week, as it kept Jewell in a job. Not exactly a reference!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cafckev[/cite]Would we want to take him on? I think he could do some good for us, what does everyone else think??[/quote]

No. Just no.
  • Options
    I've just fallen off my chair laughing!!!!
  • Options
    He's a Northern Monk-eh.

Leave him up there with the tripe & onions.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafckev[/cite]Would we want to take him on? I think he could do some good for us, what does everyone else think??

He's been in worse situations.

;-)
  • Options
    Seems his record is a bit like Pardews. Some very good early success then abismal failure. A no from me. Would have been a yes when Curbs left. Funny ole game innit.
  • Options
    What SHG said.

Having said that, a lot of his early reputation seemed to have been built on keeping Bradford in the premiership in 99/00 - they finished with 36 points that year. Bearing in mind we went down the previous year with 37 points, it never struck me as too special.

He did alright at Wigan, but then again he had a decent amount of money to spend, which always helps. Jewell got found out in a big way at Derby.

(Plus, even Pardew had sense enough not to video himself whilst on the job)
  • Options
    Maybe any Pards video hasn't been offered to the News of the World yet .....?

;o)
  • Options
    hes been on a downward spiral himself for a couple of years.....

hes done it before though....

its just a bloddy mess.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what a party that would be Jewell and pardew i can smell the lube from here
  • Options
    sacked as his side only won 1 game in last 9 !!! his to good for us.
  • Options
    NO complete tosser!
  • Options
    Would rather have Ince
  • Options
    May be you should make this one 'members only' AFKA as we don't want Derby County fans to read this -

But guess what? Their chairman wants Jewell's number two Chris Hutchings to take over as a caretaker. What's more, he wants him to stay as caretaker for as long as possible in the hope he can pick up a few points with a view to then making him permanent !!!

And the parallels get spookier. Phil Parkinson did 21 games at Hull before they sacked him . Hutchings lasted 21 games at Braford before he got sacked (and even fewer at Wigan, where he was chopped after 12)...

Hopefully, if the parallels continue to hold good, this should ensure a managerless Derby don't win for the next two months and get sucked into the drop zone. All we then need is for Forest to decide they can get by with a caretaker and for just one more team to behave in equally daft fashion - and perhaps we can climb out of the bottom three after all!!!
  • Options
    HE RATES LUKE VARNEY FOR GODS SAKE!

AND HE NEARLY HAS A BIGGER EGO THAN P*****

N.E.X.T!
  • Options
    a scouser in charge of this club - Over my dead body LOL
  • Options
    Perhaps Adam the Addick could post his superb photo of Jewell from the other week to add another reason why this chap would top my NO list!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Perhaps Adam the Addick could post his superb photo of Jewell from the other week to add another reason why this chap would top my NO list![/quote]

that picture of jewell on the job is frightening!
  • Options
    Ads you are correct! What the hell was I thinking!! ;0)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we should try and get colin Wanker from selhurst
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]we should try and get colin Wanker from selhurst

We tried the Wanker from Selhurst once or twice before remember.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]we should try and get colin Wanker from selhurst

Said this a few times already. Colin has announced publicly that he is retiring at the end of the season (don't ask for proof cos I can't remember where I read it).
  • Options
    I'm sure Colin actually said that Palace would be his last appointment, not that he'd be retiring ?
  • Options
    slightly off topic where is the king of piccies Adam
  • Options
    Did you mean King of the Pixies ;-)
  • Options
    king of pixles
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I'm sure Colin actually said that Palace would be his last appointment, not that he'd be retiring ?

According to Wiki he plans to retire in 2010.
  • Options
    Yeah next season will be his last, he is hoping to finish it in the top flight.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I'm sure Colin actually said that Palace would be his last appointment, not that he'd be retiring ?

According to Wiki he plans to retire in 2010.

Fair enough, although Wiki can be a bit variable with accuracy.
    Anyone remember that spoof article one of us published on Wiki about Carl Leaburn? lol