Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jim Davidson

edited December 2008 in General Charlton
was standing in the north Upper of the J block on Boxing day. Anyone else see him?
Looked very happy when we scored.

Comments

• Options
    If he's watching Charlton try to play football he must be looking for new material.
  • Options
    Yes I saw him, times must be hard for him if he can only afford a ticket in the North now. He used to sit close to the directors box in the West.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Colin in Thailand.[/cite]If he's watching Charlton try to play football he must be looking for new material.
    Nope - just rehashing stuff from 50 years ago...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]Yes I saw him, times must be hard for him if he can only afford a ticket in the North now. He used to sit close to the directors box in the West.

He used to have the box in the east stand that sky sports now have.
  • Options
    Jim was with his son who is a season ticket holder in the upper North. He used to have the box behind us in the East stand not the one that is now the sky box. He also joined us in the Rose of Denmark before the game. Jim is a fan just like us. Living in Dubaii now it's not worth him having the box anymore.
  • Options
    I saw him on the concourse , was gonna ask him to do and old school Chalkie White style "oooooooooooohhhkaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!"
  • Options
    Remember him in the Wetherspoons in Watford couple of seasons back, he seemed friendly enough and got the rounds in.
  • Options
    was in the RO cple years back with a stunning blonde
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Remember him in the Wetherspoons in Watford couple of seasons back, he seemed friendly enough and got the rounds in.

Aye, remember this as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Remember him in the Wetherspoons in Watford couple of seasons back, he seemed friendly enough and got the rounds in.

Aye, remember this as well.

I wasn't at his table but was stood next to his and he was getting the drinks for a few other supporters he clearly didn't know, so fair play to him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Halfway through the first half I heard him say "Christ, have we been this poor all year"
    "Yes" come the reply
  • Options
    I seem to remember him buying a couple of rounds for a few younger likely lads, also before leaving £50 with the said group when he left. Very nice bloke.
  • Options
    Spoke to him re Charlton at The Chatham Central Hall when he played there in November- He said he was hoping to get more games in. Saw him in the Directors box earlier this season prior to that as well.
  • Options
    Top Bloke
  • Options
    oh yeah big Charlton fan old Jim. Don't make me laugh!!! Why did he put his money into Bournemouth Football Club in the mid 1980's becoming a director of the club when at the time Charlton were in desperate need of money?? As for his act he is about as funny as piles.
  • Options
    Amos. Yes Jim was a Director for a while at Bournemouth as he was asked to raise the profile at the club. I don't think he actually invested any money other than paying Charlie George to play Home games for them. (Charlie had his pub so couldn't travel away lol) Not sure whether he was asked to get involved at that time with Charlton.

Jim is not appreciated by the politically correct brigade that are all too common nowadays but I think you will find he is considered by a large amount of his fans as being a lot funnier than piles. He is however, as they say, Charlton Till I die.
  • Options
    Amos. Yes Jim was a Director for a while at Bournemouth as he was asked to raise the profile at the club. I don't think he actually invested any money other than paying Charlie George to play Home games for them. (Charlie had his pub so couldn't travel away lol) Not sure whether he was asked to get involved at that time with Charlton.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really. Wow good old Jim!!! I'm sure Bournemouth and Charlie George welcomed his money. I wonder how generous old jim boy was in the VIP scheme back in 1992?? He openly admited he only started going back to Charlton games when we got back to the premiership in 1998. Where had he been for all those years? In the toilet??!

Jim is not appreciated by the politically correct brigade that are all too common nowadays but I think you will find he is considered by a large amount of his fans as being a lot funnier than piles

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah those constant Charlton nil gags on his two bob programmes used to crack me. Maybe that was his way of raising the profile of the club?