Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky says :

Comments

• Options
    and I loved "We need to bring some players in to give everyone a lift; the supporters and the current group of players. Nothing lifts a team more than one, two or even three or four new bodies walking into the building. It lifts the training ground and certainly lifts the dressing room."

so Burton,McEverly and Gillespie failed to have that effect so you want to try again do you ? No thanks. The only agent the Club should be speaking to Parky is yours.
  • Options
    I would take the hit on ZZ, don't sell him, shift someone else out, and keep him, as he could be the difference
  • Options
    and I'll keep McEverley, as Large's love Child Basey, ain't good enough
  • Options
    Sounds like he is going to be boss the rest of the season.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Sounds like he is going to be boss the rest of the season.[/quote]

Unless the fans decide otherwise!!!
  • Options
    Looking abit done and dusted:

"We've mapped out how we want the squad to look. Steve Waggott, Richard Murray and the board are all working together and we're talking to players.

"Ideally, if we are going to bring players in, then we want to bring them in straight away. We have a squad written down with new additions of how we'd like it to look in an ideal world, and we're speaking to players' agents and other managers all the time, although there is no guarantee that any of those players will come.
    "

No guarantee, would you rather join Charlton at the bottom or a team in the play off positions.
    No promotion prospects so the money will be good.

Oh, we haven't got any .......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Sounds like he is going to be boss the rest of the season.

If Parkinson remains the boss for the rest of the season then that's the last time I go to the Valley until August 2009 and I won't be renewing my season ticket. The bloke just ain't good enough in either his tactics or his choice of players. If Deon Burton is the best we can get...<shakes head in despair>
  • Options
    the blokes an amateur....... and a fecking dick.......

GET RID OF THESE IDIOTS THAT ARE KILLING THIS CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He has never had the dressing room...... hes no good obviously...

he hasnt even got us a win and hes been there for ages....

DONT GIVE HIM THE MONEY.......

tell him thanks but your no thanks.....

tell him he cant get anyone to play for more than 45 mins...

GET SOMEONE NEW IN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why does he hold any respect fro anyone......

Everyone has gone mad,.....
  • Options
    Thats all sounding a bit like a done deal to me.....cant believe we arent looking for a new broom to sweep this club clean......The board really havent got a clue if they dont act now.....we will lose fans in droves if this keeps up...easy to lose them and blody hard to entice them back once they get out of the habit of going. Have to admit I didnt stay up to listen to the game last night, Very unlike me, but just cant see any light at the end of a pretty gloomy tunnel at the moment.
  • Options
    Well Mascot, if Parkinson does stay I think we will have to conclude that you are right about everyone having gone mad.

Oakster looked up his record in his last managerial job - three wins out of 21 at Hull. Coupled with the eight winless games as caretaker for us, his post-Colchester career therefore consists of three wins in 29 Championship games. We've got 20 games left to get around 30 points. On Parkinson's past Hull/Charlton record, we can expect to pick up around 12 if he is given the job.

But we apparently have to wait until January's 'strategic review' before the board makes a judgement on him!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When will the board realise that it was the huge turn over in players that has got us into this mess in the first place.
    Get ZZ and Racon back and we have more than enough talent to get out of trouble. What we need is a manager who can play the right players and employ the correct tactics, motivate the players and get some confidence back into their heads.
    We need another centre half, sell Weaver and get Deano back.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]...We need another centre half, sell Weaver and get Deano back.

With his kicking I am not sure that Deano would make a great centre half .......but maybe better that we have got ;-)
  • Options
    looks like I was right - he's here for the duration.

If any new players come in before any annoucement is made about the "strategic review" or a new manager then you can asume we are stuck with Parky to at least the end of this season. If thats the case I'm looking forward to Conference football by 2012.
  • Options
    Meant to add: there seem to have been three or four threads about the future of the club such as this one that have been designated 'members only' over the last day or so. Are we getting a touch paranoid? Or am I missing something and we're under sustained attack from spies, ne'er-do-wells and other degenerate subversives?
  • Options
    i get it now the board have seen that Ken Bates has made a profit of 5 million quid last year in the 1st division and they want some of the action in div 1.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Meant to add: there seem to have been three or four threads about the future of the club such as this one that have been designated 'members only' over the last day or so. Are we getting a touch paranoid? Or am I missing something and we're under sustained attack from spies, ne'er-do-wells and other degenerate subversives?

Stuff normally gets put in the members only category usually related to something specific in that thread we would not really want the outside world seeing [planned meets, commentary links, contentious views etc), but i see nothing in this thread to warrent that, so have re-opened it as General Charlton.
  • Options
    I thought we had no money for new players. Oh i get it, were going to swap our rubbish loan players for some new rubbish loan players. That'll help....not
  • Options
    God help us if Parky is given the job full time.

His results are appalling and he has brought in 4 players to try and improve things.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]looks like I was right - he's here for the duration.

If any new players come in before any annoucement is made about the "strategic review" or a new manager then you can asume we are stuck with Parky to at least the end of this season. If thats the case I'm looking forward to Conference football by 2012.

Golfie, you'd look forward to the end of the world mate, lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]and I'll keep McEverley, as Large's love Child Basey, ain't good enough

what exactly has basey done wrong ? he is certainly no worse than any of the others and shows a hell of a lot more passion.I like Basey the ball he put over for sam against qpr was class.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]i get it now the board have seen that Ken Bates has made a profit of 5 million quid last year in the 1st division and they want some of the action in div 1.

We're told all the directors are personally long time supporters of the club.
    Surely the board wouldn't want the club in Division One even to realise their investment?

It'd be like a defender deliberately allowing an opponent to score so the team would lose the match.
  • Options
    dont be surprised if a new buyer cant be found by march that administration is considered if our league position does not improve.
  • Options
    Based on what, Steve?

Chappell has already said that the debt is £6mill mortgage and £14 mill private director's loans - all fully structured.

They've secured a new overdraft for cashflow reasons - and are not prepared to take on further debt.

So mention of administration is just unfoundered scaremongering - as
    the finances are reasonably in order.

It's the mess in the dressing room that's the problem.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]dont be surprised if a new buyer cant be found by march that administration is considered if our league position does not improve.

What Cabbie did you hear that from?
  • Options
    The only thing Parky should be saying is a nice and simple

'p45 please boss'
  • Options
    I don't think some people on here understand what going into administration means.

Usually it is a precursor to going bankrupt and is brought about by companies oweing creditors money they don't have. In the example of football clubs this has been unpaid tax or VAT or even an outstanding payment to another club for a player (something that happened to us in 1984).

At the moment we don't owe any creditors anything. The only "real" debt we have is a mortgage / bank loan which I hope is not about to be re-called as so the prospect of us going into administration is very, very slim.

There is a big difference to having no money (like us) to having to go into administration. Most on here probably are a little "short" a couple of days before payday - but are not likely to have to decalre themselves bankrupt if the gas bill came in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Based on what, Steve?

Chappell has already said that the debt is £6mill mortgage and £14 mill private director's loans - all fully structured.

They've secured a new overdraft for cashflow reasons - and are not prepared to take on further debt.

So mention of administration is just unfoundered scaremongering - as
    the finances are reasonably in order.

It's the mess in the dressing room that's the problem.

Just my opinion mate.We have had 16 games to sort the mess out in the dressing room without any success.If we stick with Parky,then I will have lost all faith with the board.