Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Happy Anniversary!

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
The fifth of December 1992,
The exile is over, our dreams have come true,
Charlton at home, there's no more I require,
Singing Valley, Floyd Road,
My only desire.

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2006
    What an amazing 14 years!

Let's wrap it up with 3 points tonight- please
  • Options
    Well looking back on the last 14 years!That day in 92 i for one am over the moon with what with have achieved irrespective of where we are in the league at the moment! God where has that time gone!Cmon you reds!
  • Options
    Too right. A great day indeed!
  • Options
    I was just getting in the Forresters Arms pub at Lodge Hill now for an early opening.

14 years ? Where has the time gone ?
  • Options
    Wonderful day, sat in the Jimmy Seed Stand that day, did the march from Woolwich back to the Valley as well. Memories

DSCF0016.jpg
  • Options
    are we having any guests on the pitch or anything before the game? anything organised? or just another game?!
  • Options
    Got plastered in the Horse & Groom before, sat in the South Stand and returned there after and helped to drink the pub dry.

I was one of the last to leave with the manageress complaining to her husband that they hadn't got enough beer in...
  • Options
    Was in the Horse & Groom before!The funniest thing for me about that day was watching my mate Rick in a tree watching the game in the heights!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Wonderful day, sat in the Jimmy Seed Stand that day, did the march from Woolwich back to the Valley as well. Memories

was on that March in an embarrassing hand made red & white scarf & hat combo my mum had made especially

14 years!!!!

C'mon you redssssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    great day, walked from Woolwich to the Valley on the march and got very drunk in the Valley pub after the game!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i too was on the march, and did the same again four years ago to mark the anniversary.

I'm sure i can remember at the time Simon Webster and a couple of others went in the Oak or the H&G for a sing song after the game ? Is that right, or am i making that up ?
  • Options
    Was on that march as well, Remember being at a christmas karoke that year where I used to live in Mottingham and getting up to sing vfr and i was joined by Johnny B.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i too was on the march, and did the same again four years ago to mark the anniversary

didn't go on the original march but met you for the anniversary march on the 51 bus and we were slightly late so me you and medders ran up the road after everyone and joined in the singing and marching.

i felt really proud to be part of something that day, even if it was just an anniversary of something that others had achieved.
  • Options
    imon Webster and a couple of others went in the Oak or the H&G for a sing song after the game ?

If it happened it wasn't the H&G, although thinking about it I was that far gone after the game it could have happened.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    www.se7addick.blogspot.com
  • Options
    My brother organised the anniversary march & I was one of the stewards we had to have for h&s in my red CAFC cowboy hat. Then it started raining!!!!

Didn't dampen the spirits though! Great day!
  • Options
    When the red red robin goes bob bob bobbin along........14 years back at the valley. Puts everything back into perspective - thank our lucky stars. I am about to go into song.....I'm singing in the rain etc!
  • Options
    Do you think those mercenaries who tonight will be masquerading as Charlton know or care about the significance of today?

Fortune and Kish might.
  • Options
    i still close my eyes and see Gritty tearing around like a 21yr old. He hadn't played for months before that game, and must of got by on adrenelin alone.

We were never going to lose.