Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parkinson staying?

edited December 2008 in General Charlton
Phil Parkinson believes Charlton's 3-1 defeat to Sheffield United at Bramall Lane yesterday emphasised the Addicks' need to bring reinforcements to the club in the January transfer window.

He said: "We've mapped out how we want the squad to look. Steve Waggott, Richard Murray and the board are all working together and we're talking to players.

"Ideally, if we are going to bring players in, then we want to bring them in straight away. We have a squad written down with new additions of how we'd like it to look in an ideal world, and we're speaking to players' agents and other managers all the time, although there is no guarantee that any of those players will come.

"We need to bring some players in to give everyone a lift; the supporters and the current group of players. Nothing lifts a team more than one, two or even three or four new bodies walking into the building. It lifts the training ground and certainly lifts the dressing room."

Quote:Nothing lifts a team more than one, two or even three or four new bodies walking into the building.

WE HAVE HAD SEVEN, COUNT SEVEN, NEW 'BODIES' AND WE ARE STILL
16, COUNT SIXTEEN, BLOODY GAMES WITHOUT A WIN FFS!

IN AN IDEAL WORLD WE'DVE HAD A NEW M.A.N.A.G.E.R A MONTH AGO
NOT ONE WHO "RATES" DEON BURTON!

I CANNOT BELIEVE WE WON'T HAVE A NEW MANAGER BY 1st JAN.

Comments

• Options
    Judging by those comments - you had better START believing!

I could almost cry ......
  • Options
    he aint going get used to it thats what i reckon
  • Options
    I feel like throwing this computer out the window and smashing my fucking house up........

We have gone from one extreme to the other fire everyone to never fire any one again...

we have a multi tiered decision maling process where responsibility no longer exists and an inept muppet in charge....

we will lose a massive amount of fans, and ultimately we will end up firing this muppet and he will hold the worst ever managerial record for a charlton boss(I say that losely)

we are a joke club at the moment no balls.......
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Phil Parkinson believes Charlton's 3-1 defeat to Sheffield United at Bramall Lane yesterday emphasised the Addicks' need to bring reinforcements to the club in the January transfer window.

He said: "We've mapped out how WE want the squad to look. Steve Waggott, Richard Murray and the board are all working together and we're talking to players.

Doesn't mean that the board are not going to appoint a new manager?

And who exactly is WE?

Let's wait and see what happens in the next week or so,just because Parkinson has given a list of players to Murray and Waggott that he would like to see come in doesn't mean he will keep his job, sure the list will be looked at a lot harder now as money is gonna be a lot tighter.

I Think another average performance along with a low attendance against another poor lower league side who are also not that happy with their manager might be the deciding factor.
  • Options
    "Another" Badger? How many more do there have to be???
  • Options
    Does anyone actually believe in Parky?

I certainly don't, doubt the players do, hasn't got fan support. He has a terrible record in the Championship (He didn't manage with Colchester in the CCC)

Has proven in the last month he has lack of tactical know how. Not solved any of our major problems i.e. defending set pieces and overall has been a disaster.

If we appoint him, which I think we will then we can forget any slight chance of survival and we can look forward to League One, and then this time next year we will still be struggling and he will be sacked.

I do not want Parkinson in charge any longer.