Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Norwich have sold all their tickets for Saturday

edited December 2008 in General Charlton
Things might not be going too well in the league, but that won't stop the best part of 3,000 Norwich City supporters descending on the Valley on Saturday.

The Canaries take fellow strugglers Charlton Athletic in the Third Round of the FA Cup at the weekend, and the club confirmed today that every one of the 2,700 tickets allocated to away fans have been sold.

There will also be an additional 500 tickets available on the day.

Could there be more away fans than home fans?

Comments

• not likely - we will have around 8-10k, but they will outsing us and will make more noise than us
  • We'd sold 3,779 as of this afternoon - but bear in mind that there will be a walk-up on the day because people know they will get in.
  • I felt sorry for the WBA fans last year. If your turn up in numbers I'd at least expect the home team to have at least a respectable crowd.

Going to be quite embarrassing Saturday. Still it might give the board a message.
  • Aren't they allowed approx. 5,000 seats for a cup match?
    Isn't that why we've given-up blocks A & B of the East Stand in the past...?
  • [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Aren't they allowed approx. 5,000 seats for a cup match?
    Isn't that why we've given-up blocks A & B of the East Stand in the past...?

Yes, it's actually as near to 15% of the capacity as is practical.

When I was a lad it was 25% and we took 10,000 to a 40,000 capacity Old Trafford.

"Things can only get better"
  • edited December 2008
    [quote][cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Aren't they allowed approx. 5,000 seats for a cup match?
    Isn't that why we've given-up blocks A & B of the East Stand in the past...?[/quote]
    Its supposed to 15%.

But with negotiation and both clubs in agreement it can be raised to 25%.
  • Fair play to Norwich fans, I know they have a lot of London based but that's cracking support given how they are doing.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Fair play to Norwich fans, I know they have a lot of London based but that's cracking support given how they are doing.

No surprisingly they smell a victory Bart!
  • And we will take 150 to the inevitable replay.

Fair play carrot crunchers.
  • Not feeling good about this game, starting to wish I hadn't bought tickets. Small crowd, outsung, embarrassed and freezing cold. And a team who couldn't give a crap. Don't wanna go now. Never thought I'd be depressed at the thought of going to a football match!
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't like it when people say this team don't give a crap. When I watch them play I rarely see a lack of effort, just a lack of know how and confidence.
  • [cite]Posted By: Eltham[/cite]Not feeling good about this game, starting to wish I hadn't bought tickets. Small crowd, outsung, embarrassed and freezing cold. And a team who couldn't give a crap. Don't wanna go now. Never thought I'd be depressed at the thought of going to a football match!

Know 'exactly' how you feel Eltham....I think many of us are going merely out of a sense of duty, rather than pleasurable antisipation.
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]I don't like it when people say this team don't give a crap. When I watch them play I rarely see a lack of effort, just a lack of know how and confidence.

And i also think at times, a lack of fitness. It is rare to see us come on strong in the final third of a game. I get immensely frustrated whatching the last ten minutes when we are losing and see what i perceive to be players not busting a gut to try and get something back and appearing just to accept it. But perhaps its because they have nothing left in the tank ?

I read before the first thing Darren Ferguson did at Peterboro was get the players fitter. It wasn't popular at first but after the first couple of weeks they were starting to see the benefits and realised just what an advantage it was if they felt they could outwork the opposition.

When was the last time you saw us really outwork a side ?
  • back on topic ;-)
    fair play to norwich. nice to see a club who's high percentage of retaining home season ticket holders, actually takes decent numbers away.
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]I don't like it when people say this team don't give a crap. When I watch them play I rarely see a lack of effort, just a lack of know how and confidence.

I understand how you feel, and a few months back I'd have been in total agreement with you. Get behind the lads no matter what, that was me. But I find it hard now to believe, when they keep consistently being as bad as they have, that there's any real passion or desire there. I'm losing faith and I never thought I'd ever say that.