Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PARKINSON OUT ! as from 31st December 2008...PARKINSON OUT

13»

Comments

• Options
    Seth, you have every right to have your say, you have earned that at least.

Everything that is happening to our club at the moment is just so damned distressing. I cannot believe how the disintegration has happened so quickly and how we all seem to be at loggerheads with each other. I cannot believe how much hurt it is causing to a once united set of people, the Charlton Family.

This site has been such a great power for good, let's hope that the current mess doesn't lead to it's demise. We all have our views be it "Rose Tinted" or "Wrist Slasher". Can we agree to disagree in future? Dare I say let's all try and pull together again? After all, nobody on here (well apart from Pratt Himself, SOS, Mortain and Johnboy UK) want's Charlton to self destruct (actually just keep Pratt Himself in that list).

Face facts guys and girls, the board have made their decision and no amount of kicking and screaming from the fans will change their minds. They know they will be judged at the end of the season. Have they resigned themselves to League One? I honestly don't think so.

We can all point the finger and apply blame at various parties. We've all done it, myself included. The truth is, though, applying blame (at the present) is not going to get us out of this dire mess.

Charlton 'til I die.
  • Options
    Good post, Dave.

Planning any decent chunes to stir the faithful on Saturday?
  • Options
    Erm........ Heaven knows I'm miserable now? ;)
  • Options
    Tubthumping - Chumbawumba?
  • Options
    NLA - Great Post
  • Options
    Cheers Nigel

when i am angry your post say what i want without swearing

my resolution this year is to try to curb my cursing and to kick my nieces butt on xbox 360 Lips
  • Options
    NLA - any news on D.I.C.K.O ....?
  • Options
    Oh flaming hell Oggy, you've got Ottawan running through my head now.
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited December 2008
    D.I.S.C.O..jpg
  • Options
    I'm so f*cked off that i'm reviving this thread. Just resign!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I WANT PARKY OUT I WANT PARKY OUT
  • Options
    its too late, the board have nailed their colours to his mast and to sack him now would make them look stupid.

we all know that they are but why confirm it

we are stuck with him until at least the summer.
  • Options
    so parky isn't doing an acceptable job, i can't argue with that.

But the players must take a large amount of responsibility for where we are: they have zero fight in them. pardew isn't a bad manager and parkinson showed enough at colchester that he can be a successful manager and did so when he was up against it with minimal money. I can't say parkinson is my favourite person right now or that he fills me with confidence, but those players are the ones with the most responsibility for where we are.
  • Options
    Its the managers job to inspire the players. Give them confidence. Make them fight. Stick by them and when necessary kick them up the jacksy. A good coach should improve the squad he has not want to bring in waste of time one month loanees. Get on and coach is my advice to Parkinson...oh that and RESIGN
  • Options
    i'm not saying he doesn't have to take responsibility but it's too easy to pin it all on him. there comes a time when players have to take professional responsibility and motivate themselves. That time was weeks ago, by the way. Players have to say, i'll take on some of the responsibility for this team and drive them on. Bailey tried to do it earlier in the season, and the only other one i've seen with the desire to do it is Jonjo (depressingly enough). If your senior players are hiding along with (almost) everyone else, then what can the manager do?

as for the short term loans.. he's said he wants permanent players but the money isn't there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]its too late, the board have nailed their colours to his mast and to sack him now would make them look stupid.

we all know that they are but why confirm it

we are stuck with him until at least the summer.

Why do we need to stick with him - thank goodness there is no transfer windows for managers - kick him out ASAP I say!
  • Options
    The board won`t back down and sack him now obviously. Why can`t we as fans make it absolutely clear to Parkinson that he should resign. He is doing his career no good sticking with us now anyway. We are a joke.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]i'm not saying he doesn't have to take responsibility but it's too easy to pin it all on him. there comes a time when players have to take professional responsibility and motivate themselves. That time was weeks ago, by the way. Players have to say, i'll take on some of the responsibility for this team and drive them on. Bailey tried to do it earlier in the season, and the only other one i've seen with the desire to do it is Jonjo (depressingly enough). If your senior players are hiding along with (almost) everyone else, then what can the manager do?

as for the short term loans.. he's said he wants permanent players but the money isn't there.

No I disagree - chopping and dropping our players and slotting in loan players as soon as they walk in through the door without having trained with the others - to me smacks of the local pub team never mind a Championship team.

It is soul destroying for a professional player to turn up and not 100% confident that he would get a game and this knocks over into the actual game (some of them may think, phew! I have got in the team - rather than focus on the victory).... FED UP with it all I am at the moment.
  • Options
    I'm not claiming parky is doing an acceptable job. I agree that he should have stuck with a consistent line up, but the players he puts in aren't exactly convincing him they deserve a place, except some of the younger players at norwich.

I can't believe pardew and then parkinson didn't try every approach to get these players to play with confidence and pride.

we should have brought in someone external to the mess, as it was our only hope.

I just think the players get off too easy compared to the manager.
  • Options
    When I started this thread I said Parkinson will take us down, AND DOWN AGAIN. I can see it now, we go down but Parkinson keeps the job for showing some kind of 'quiet dignity' in the face of it all, chance to put right what went wrong and all that....and we get relegated to the fourth blimmin division. Folk attacked me when I first posted, but i say again....Parkinson is a nincompoop...end of!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    right now it is hard do disagree seth!
  • Options
    Nincompoop ? How very quaint.