Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Just to say........................................

edited December 2008 in Not Sports Related
To all Charlton fans everywhere, Happy new year to you and your families.

Ray

Comments

• Ray, you too mate.

To your loved ones including those friggin boys in red.

Happy New Year to the CL community.
  • Same as that to all Addicks - Happy New Year...er...I hope.
    Cheers and remember 'Its only a game'....yer like fook it is!!!!!!
  • Happy New Year, it surely can't be as bad as 2008 or both CAFC and personally!
  • [cite]Posted By: Spankie[/cite]Happy New Year, it surely can't be as bad as 2008 or both CAFC and personally!

I'd echo that, but then I said that about 2007 (on both counts) and I was wrong!! This year its gona be good for us all, Happy 2009 al!
  • Yep - 2008 has been crap both Charlton wise and personally. Here's to Lady Luck paying us a few more visits in 2009!
  • [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Yep - 2008 has been crap both Charlton wise and personally. Here's to Lady Luck paying us a few more visits in 2009!

She usually turns up in the 95th minute.
    And kicks us in the bollox, lol
  • Happy New Year to all fellow Charlton supporters.
  • I'm sure i'm not the only one who has not had a particularly good 2008. And i don't think i've ever approached a year end feeling as down as i do of late.

I'm determined to improve things in 2009, but at the moment they feel hollow words as in my heart i just don't have the energy and enthusiasm to really attack things like i should.

Anyone been through a similar spell and turned it around, recommendations etc ?
  • I have had a rubbish 2008 some of you may be aware of what myself and my lovely wife had been aiming for and yet lost what we most wanted.

I will not be beaten by it, it is going to cost more money than i can afford but with hard work i will be able to pay for it again.

the only advice i can give is to love those close to you stick together in times of hardship there will always be an answer you just need to find it.

To all my friends who sent me good luck in 2008. It did fuk all so in 2009 could you please either send me money,VODKA or vouchers (not woolworths) thanx very much

Happy New Year Folks
  • This is always a miserable night if things are bad. And often even if they arent. Get a good film out, have a takeaway and an early night.
    Tomorrow is a new day. Get up, go out for a long walk in the sunshine.
    But in the longer term, suck it up and tough it out - things will improve given time and effort. Giving up is deadly.

All the best to all.

Idle
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    To all my friends who sent me good luck in 2008. It did fuk all so in 2009 could you please either send me money,VODKA or vouchers (not woolworths) thanx very much

Happy New Year Folks

LOL, i see that text has been going around quite a few Charlton circles !
  • [cite]Posted By: IdleHans[/cite]This is always a miserable night if things are bad. And often even if they arent. Get a good film out, have a takeaway and an early night.
    Tomorrow is a new day. Get up, go out for a long walk in the sunshine.
    But in the longer term, suck it up and tough it out - things will improve given time and effort. Giving up is deadly.

All the best to all.

Idle

Blimey, Idle ...... that's a bit rose-tinted, isn't it?

Can't be having that on this board. You're BANNED. Off you go !

;o)
  • Happy new year to all, lets hope 2009 is a year on the up.
  • In times like this it is important to remember those that we have lost. Gone but not forgotten.

Here's to a happy 2009 everyone!
  • I've been gloomy all day meself for no obvious reason. Hate new year, always have done.
    I'll be taking my own advice anyway.

Somewhere in this town there's a double lamb dhansak and a bottle of chenin blanc with my name on.
  • Happy new year to all my Charlton Life buddies! We have had a shit year and i have had just about my fill of our club but have decided that i have had enough and from this day forward i am going to be Glass half full, so all the best to Parky i will back you from this day forward "COME ON YOU REDS"
    but im still not going on saturday ;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: IdleHans[/cite]I've been gloomy all day meself for no obvious reason. Hate new year, always have done.
    I'll be taking my own advice anyway.

Somewhere in this town there's a double lamb dhansak and a bottle of chenin blanc with my name on.

Good for you, Idle.

My GF is insisting that we go to our local NYE fancy dress shindig dressed up as, erm ...... jellyfish.
    What is she thinking .....???

And you think you've got problems?
  • oggy please tell me how you go

i need to know what you would wear as i have no idea what it entails a jelly fish ffs

LMAO
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]oggy please tell me how you go

i need to know what you would wear as i have no idea what it entails a jelly fish ffs

LMAO

And nor do I

A jellyfish, FFS !
  • Happy New Year to you all.

Parkinson's Law was work expands to fill the time available. For 2009 it is performances mean points.

To paraphrase Gloria Gaynor we will survive wherever we are ......