Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Well at least we all know where we are now

edited December 2008 in General Charlton
Some of us might say right in the sh*t and some of us might say well on the way to league 1.
But we know what we have got and what we have to do. It is a straight relegation fight a situation none of us expected 3 months ago but there it is.
We may get some players in that will help but we may not.
We may have a squad that will get us out of this maybe they will find something of themselves in the dressing room that will get us out of this self inflicted mess I don't know.
But for me the situation is now simple. We have to close ranks as fans and get behind this team and club like never before even if we don't agree with the decisions that have been made. That's all we can do. If we are to be relegated let's go down fighting and if we are to survive then we can celebrate the greatest turn around we are ever likely to witness.
Come on you reds it's time to unite behind the boys come what may.

Comments

• Well said!
  • almost Churchillian !!
  • Post of the Day.
  • Post of the Day.

Yeah, but he cheated. there's three of him...
  • That's the spirit 3Blokes!

Happy New Year to all 3 of you. :o)
  • Ha ha Oggy thanks I'll tell the other two ;-)
    Happy new year to you too.
  • 3blokes has said what many have tried but only the 3 could clearly do so...

Here here Happy New Year Everybody.
  • 100% agree Jon, irrespective of our views on the appointment we all have to pull together to try and get out of this mess. Coventry did it on the last day of the season, 3000 of them in full voice at the Valley and they got behind their team, even though they were a crock of shite.

Still lots of points to play for, we are not down, yet. Though the fat lady has arrived in the Country.

Come on folks, who said supporting Charlton would be easy? It might not be fun at the moment, in fact it's bloody depressing and the collective mental health of anyone with an inkling of love for those donkeys we support is in serious jeopardy at the moment. But as I said elsewhere Charlton 'til I die. I made the choice early on in my life and I'm going to stick with them regardless of the division we are in.

If you're gonna boo, and that is your right as you have paid good money, then please do it at full time. We need the crowd as loud and as passionate as we got on the 15th for Derby. We need the old fortress Valley back and only you the fans can do that by being as bloody loud as possible.

Finally - 2008 has been one of the crappest years I can ever remember. We lost some good friends and our team lost its way. Be positive and wish for 2009 to be one of the luckiest we have ever had.

Goodbye 2008 and a happy 2009 to all of us.
  • edited December 2008
    Yes Dave sometimes just as long as you are just less sh*t than the teams around you it is possible to survive. Whilst that is probably not a recipe for success in the Champions league it might be enough to survive in this season's Championship.
    So I suppose the moral of that is could we just try and be a bit less sh*t please lads :-)
  • ''could we just try and be a bit less sh*t please lads''...

would someone care to fashion that into a stirring song for us to sing over the coming four months?
  • Sponsored links:

• what we know is that despite years of being told the club has been well managed financially the Board has accepted that there is not the money or playing staff left no matter who the manager is to avoid relegation given the position Pardew and Parkinson have created.

relegation has been accepted and startegic plans started for next season.
  • ''could we just try and be a bit less sh*t please lads''...

would someone care to fashion that into a stirring song for us to sing over the coming four months? ''

If you leave ''lads'' off the end, it just about fits to the tune of the White Stripes' Seven Nation Army...
  • [cite]Posted By: kentred2[/cite]

relegation has been accepted and startegic plans started for next season.

Don't be ridiculous. Of course relegation has not been accepted.

And whatever the Board's reasoning, throwing in the towel in December won't be part of it.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]100% agree Jon, irrespective of our views on the appointment we all have to pull together to try and get out of this mess. Coventry did it on the last day of the season, 3000 of them in full voice at the Valley and they got behind their team, even though they were a crock of shite.

Not the nest example I have ever heard, we beat them 4-1 with a load of ours kids playing and in a game that meaned nowt to us...I would say that example shows that even with the crowd pulling together if you have a shit team you are still going to play shit football ! Will still be there each week giving it my all though!
  • VM that was my point - they still gave it 100% even though they were shite.