Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wayne Bridge to Man City for 12 million quid

I mean, seriously, Wayne Bridge for 12 MILLION?

He can't defend against anyone quick and is only a moderately useful attacking full-back so how the feck is he worth 12 million?

Jesus Christ Almighty, how much would the 1990 Stuart Pearce be worth in todays market if Bridge is worth that much?

How much would the 2000/2001 Chris Powell be worth even?

Absolutely absurd, especially when the country is diving into a recession, football will end up destroying itself IMHO.

Comments

• Options
    Even more absurd considering he's already a Chelsea player!
  • Options
    Apologies, now amended!!!
  • Options
    well chelsea are just doing what every other club did to them when they were in the marke for players , including us.

He's a decent player but never worth that.
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]

He can't defend against anyone quick and is only a moderately useful attacking full-back so how the feck is he worth 12 million?

To be fair there are not many full backs that can even the top class ones.
  • Options
    To be fair there are not many full backs that can even the top class ones.[/quote]

Yes, but Bridge is exceptionally slow and cumbersome for a supposed top-class player, I just can't believe how such a limited player can be worth that money.

In addition, how ambitious and hungry can he really be after deciding to sit on the bench at Chelsea for the last couple of seasons since they signed Ashley Cole? Any player with real hunger would have been demanding a move as soon as Cole arrived because nobody worth their salt should be happy to sit on the bench if they have any ambition in the game, especially as they are fighting for one spot in the side.

Shorey is apparently pushing for a move from Villa because he is not in the side which I think is the right attitude for any player with international ambitions.
  • Options
    even more absurd is the face we have an exceptional full back who was being chased by barcelona on our books in Yassin who is not getting a game!
  • Options
    unforutnately wayne bridge is one of those pros happy to play 20games a season cos he is on mega bucks.

as for him being slow think you are wrong there don't think he's that slow.
  • Options
    I've no problem with the fee, but when you read stuff on here of people having their wages cut, overtime suspended etc, reading what is a fairly average prem player is going to be earning in excess of £5m a year is pretty hard to stomach.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]unforutnately wayne bridge is one of those pros happy to play 20games a season cos he is on mega bucks.

as for him being slow think you are wrong there don't think he's that slow.

Fair enough, he's not a donkey by any means but he's nowhere near as quick as Cashley, Evra or even Clichy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite] How much would the 2000/2001 Chris Powell be worth even?quote]

In the words of the sub standard, Chris who?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, but Bridge is exceptionally slow and cumbersome for a supposed top-class player, I just can't believe how such a limited player can be worth that money.

Supply & demand, how many decent left backs can you think of though?

According to Radio Five this AM he will trouser a £30K a week increase in his salary. This wage inflation is what is really killing football, average players are commanding ridiculous salaries which the deep-pocketed can afford, but clubs like Charlton can't.
  • Options
    In the Times, they reckon he's on £88,000 grand a week at Chelski.........what on earth happened to football? Wonder if it'll be the same this time next year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I've no problem with the fee, but when you read stuff on here of people having their wages cut, overtime suspended etc, reading what is a fairly average prem player is going to be earning in excess of £5m a year is pretty hard to stomach.

To be fair, there is no shortage of mediocre film 'stars', rock musicians and pulp fiction novelists that earn plenty too.

Just the luck of the draw, I suppose.
  • Options
    THINK HOW MUCH WE COULD HAV GOT FOR BENT!!!

AND VARN ;)
  • Options
    I used to rate Bridge particularly before Cashley went to Chelsea, but I have to say Bridge's performance against Croatia was one of the worst I've seen an England player give.

Not worth 12m, and no way should he be on that amount of money, but I think if he plays every week he'd be one of the best left backs in the prem.
  • Options
    I think my main point is that it was not long ago that 12 million quid would have bought you an EXCEPTIONAL player, especially a defender, who would probably be the best in the world in his position.

These days it buys you a bloke who is not even the best left-back at his own club.
  • Options
    On teletext today it says Bougherra might be going to Newcastle for £4.5 million.

We sold him for £2 million 4 or 5 months back!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]On teletext today it says Bougherra might be going to Newcastle for £4.5 million.

We sold him for £2 million 4 or 5 months back!

Stop it Len!!! We have got enough bad news on our plates as it is.

I guarantee there is no sell-on clause.