Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sales....

edited January 2009 in Not Sports Related
...My arse!
Just been in a few clothes shops with 30.40 even 50% discounts! Strangely,prices are the same as they were 4 or 5 weeks back when there was no sale? Items original price just raised by 30,40,50% on the label.
Told one of the assistants about my observations ,and how i'd leave it a few weeks when they'll be begging for my money. IF they havn't gone into administration by then.
These firms never know when to stop being so bloody greedy.Will they ever learn?

Comments

• Options
    Tell trading standards, if they have a false reduction then they are in breach of the sale of goods act
  • Options
    only needs to be onsale in another store at that price for a week or some other small time frame to be advertised as a discount elsewhere. Makes me wonder if there is a town where all the shops have prices that are 200% higher than anywhere else in the country so companies can offer 'fantastic price cuts' elsewhere...
  • Options
    Bloody right too cb, I have noticed that in a lot of "sales", as you rightly say they are greedy and this is no time for the high street to be so greedy if they want any kind of customer.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Think it's some sort of trading psycology.Stick 'sale' on it and customers will snap it up even though they're not saving a bean.
    Thankfully the good british public are not falling for it.Shops were packed.Queue for tills was non existant!
  • Options
    got my old man a digital camera from commet in crayford just after xmas, there was a whole basket of cameras, 10 mega pixel samsung, good cameras, marked up at £58 Manager specail poster on the basket. went to the till the spotty kid goes thats £75 quid please mate... Err dont thinks so.. rings the boss tells him whats happend , lets us have it for £58 then the kid legs it over to the basket and rips the sign out... classic...
  • Options
    I got my old man a tool box plus 300 tools which was £100 knocked down to £49.99 in Argos. In the Argos sale after Christmas, it was £100 knocked down to £75.00. They were making a big deal out of the fact in was down by £25!!!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Think it's some sort of trading psycology.Stick 'sale' on it and customers will snap it up even though they're not saving a bean.
    Thankfully the good british public are not falling for it.Shops were packed.Queue for tills was non existant![/quote]

Once again bang on, as you say the public can see through it, power to the people!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]got my old man a digital camera from commet in crayford just after xmas, there was a whole basket of cameras, 10 mega pixel samsung, good cameras, marked up at £58 Manager specail poster on the basket. went to the till the spotty kid goes thats £75 quid please mate... Err dont thinks so.. rings the boss tells him whats happend , lets us have it for £58 then the kid legs it over to the basket and rips the sign out... classic...

Complain to Trading Standards, if something is advertised at a price then they have to sell it at that price.

As for sale prices - there is always a bit of smoke and mirrors, if the price says "50% off" then it has to have been on sale at the higher price within a certain period of time, but not necessarily in that shop, i.e. it could have been for sale at a different branch.
  • Options
    The only shop I have seen where any money is to be saved is Debenhams in Chatham because I have been without vehicle for a few days I went there to have a butchers at what is on offer, a lot of stuff not reduced at all but a shit load of labelled gear knocked down and toasters and juicers and crap like that had been reduced to what I would call a decent saving on what it would normally cost.

By the way is it me or have shop staff who have previously been shirty obnoxious wee shites had an epiphany? They seemed a lot more useful than ever.

The hanging axe can do some funny things to some.