Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Gazza Programme.....

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I doubt he has much dough does he? He's said he wants to spend it all before he goes so she and his family cant have it.

Assume she means money from making the programme.

I don't imagine he does have much money left from playing although he still manages benders that most couldn't afford.

What I mean by final pay day is that once Gazza dies the offers for TV interviews etc will be flooding in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]As for Ledge's point about the girl living off his name, he has been her dad since she was 3, was the one who raised her, and has never seen her real dad. I think sometimes we just look at excuses to throw muck at people for the sake of it.

when it suits her AFKA - she's been very quick to slag him off , many times as well, before but still uses his name and her mum and gazza have been split up a long time since she was in her early teens so could easily have taken her mothers name- My step dad brought me up from 5 years old - admittedly i know my dad- but I never took my step dad's name - and that's not because he's not famous
  • Options
    When I heard he'd been lifted for fighting I though, "at least he's scrapping with blokes now". Apparently wrong again.
  • Options
    Sadly I feel there isn't much time left for Gazza. He seems to be one of those alcoholics who find it impossible to stop. I hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    When I saw a Gazza thread had been resurrected I panicked a little and thought the news was going to be much worse
  • Options
    Was just thinking he probably won't make Christmas. Like you, hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    Up to him to want to stop. He's had plenty of warnings in terms of his own life and people have tried to help him but he is the one making the choices. Sad to see but I struggle to have sympathy. It's his family and those close to him I feel for.
  • Options
    Gazza is mentally ill. Yes he is an alcoholic but you go and read his book, he is ill, paranoid about everything, worries himself to death. Probably drinks to keep the stuff out of his head. He deserves our sympathy for that, however certainly not with regards to him beating his wife, that is unforgivable.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Up to him to want to stop. He's had plenty of warnings in terms of his own life and people have tried to help him but he is the one making the choices. Sad to see but I struggle to have sympathy. It's his family and those close to him I feel for.

It's not just up to him, you clearly don't understand addiction - I hope you never have to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2013
    I think what Chris says about drinking to keep the demons out of his head is probably spot on. I have a lot of sympathy for him because either way he's stuffed. Drink and he feels better but it will kill him . Don't drink , he survives but he goes mad. It must be awful .
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited July 2013
    se9addick said:

WSS said:

It's not just up to him, you clearly don't understand addiction - I hope you never have to.
    My mum died last year due to years of alcohol abuse so I kind of "get it", thanks.

I've seen first hand how she isolated herself from life long friends, how it affected my dad who lived with it day in day out and tried to support and help her, how it made me and my sister feel seeing a once loving mum like that. We tried everything in our power to help, absolutely everything bar locking her away like a prisoner.

She made the choice to drink. Yes she was ill but she knew the choices she were making were wrong (she told me numerous times) but she couldn't stop herself.
  • Options
    sad to hear. he has sadly a vile family in the ex wife and the step kids, the guy is mentally ill its over for him , why she is anywhere near him makes me wonder as she makes a living talking about him and how she has moved on
  • Options
    WSS said:

se9addick said:

WSS said:

My mum died last year due to years of alcohol abuse so I kind of "get it", thanks.

I've seen first hand how she isolated herself from life long friends, how it affected my dad who lived with it day in day out and tried to support and help her, how it made me and my sister feel seeing a once loving mum like that. We tried everything in our power to help, absolutely everything bar locking her away like a prisoner.

She made the choice to drink. Yes she was ill but she knew the choices she were making were wrong (she told me numerous times) but she couldn't stop herself.
    Apologies - I didn't mean to appear insensitive and I understand your situation. But, from my point of view, I have to say your assertion that its his choice to drink (to this extent) is incorrect.
  • Options
    Wss is bang on

As with all addiction its the individuals want and willingness to stop that solves the issue

With the support and facilities available this makes it a process that can be assited (spelling)

Yes gazza has obvious mental issues if you read his biogs and other books on gazza you can see why

However as wifb all alcholics they drink to numb the pain of the guilt and pain of drinking and being a drunk and the affect it has on those they love

Then the body cravings and need to continue set in and the body needs the alchol to function and this terrible cycle repeats

Gazza drinks to hide and numb his guilt he is a hopeless alchy and its a real real shame
  • Options
    What an absolute helm.
  • Options
    Another documentary filmed with him is on tonight - 9pm on ITV.
  • Options

Possibly going into the Jungle on I'm a celeb. Not sure this is a good idea.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

with a bit of luck he'll get eaten by a f***g great tiger .. the man (boy?) has become a bore
  • Options
    Do they have tigers in Australia??
  • Options

Tiger snakes, it'll be a whopper.
  • Options

with a bit of luck he'll get eaten by a f***g great tiger .. the man (boy?) has become a bore
    How?
  • Options

no, only in Asia .. it was me and wishful thinking
  • Options

The bloke clearly has issues, and the press use it - to call him a bore is harsh.