Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Love Street don't live here anymore

Just seen that St Mirren have left Love St for a rather boring looking new ground.

Anyone ever go to the old place?

Comments

• Options
    Shame but Love Street was crumbling and they were broke. Only way was to sell to a Supermarket and build a clinical clone stadium.
  • Options
    pretty sure the charlton quiz team resident scotsman did as well as AFTERNOON DELIGHT from here
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]pretty sure the charlton quiz team resident scotsman did as well as AFTERNOON DELIGHT from here

I think you're right quiz team scotsman was up there with a few others whilst i was on the official supporters club tour
    ..did Falkirks old ground and East fife and met Big A for the first time
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I went there once in 1988 when I was working for the Labour Party and had to attend the Scottish Lab Party conference. I took the Sat. afternoon off from the conference and went to the match with a then little-known Scottish Labour politician called G. Brown.

I hate to name drop and sound like a complete tosser, but this is true ! I think St Mirren were the Scottsh cup holders at the time, too...
  • Options
    Quiz team Scotsman is a St.Mirren supporter if I recall correctly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Quiz team Scotsman is a St.Mirren supporter if I recall correctly.

Is he? Thought he was a Teddy Bear
  • Options
    It's turning into a Tescos, but they do have a new ground ready. I feel sorry for their casuals the nattily named LSD (Love Street Division). The little neds will have to come up with a new name.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Quiz team Scotsman is a St.Mirren supporter if I recall correctly.

only when it suits him.

He is a St Mirren fan
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]pretty sure the charlton quiz team resident scotsman did as well as AFTERNOON DELIGHT from here

I think you're right quiz team scotsman was up there with a few others whilst i was on the official supporters club tour
    ..did Falkirks old ground and East fife and met Big A for the first time

Big A still refers to that day as "Black Wednesday", don't know why...........

Yeah I was up there too, went with F****, Colin and Harv, met Big Stu up there for the first time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

only when it suits him.

He is a St Mirren fan

He went to the Scottish Cup Final in 1987 to see them win it, I went up to Scotland with him to see St Mirren play at Hampden in the Semi of the Scottish League a number of years ago too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think "Black Wednesday" refrers to the state of Big A's trainers ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]I think "Black Wednesday" refrers to the state of Big A's trainers ;)

I see.
  • Options
    Never went there, but I have been to a now defunct Scottish League Ground - in 1983.

Muirton Park.

A Deep-fried Mars Bar to whoever can tell me, which team played there - without googling or looking it up!!
  • Options
    Falkirk?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Never went there, but I have been to a now defunct Scottish League Ground - in 1983.

Muirton Park.

A Deep-fried Mars Bar to whoever can tell me, which team played there - without googling or looking it up!!

Third Lanark?

That's the only Scottish team I know that folded up although didn't Gretna go the same way this year?

Christopher Brookmyre, who wrote Quite Ugly One morning as well as several other classics is a St Mirren fan, listing it as his religion since the age of 8..