Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rest In Peace Roger Ridett

edited January 2009 in Not Sports Related
Roger was a larger then life copper who always stood midway up the east terrace. As an eight year old I felt very safe standin next to him especially when we were playing away at the Old Den. He Could take the piss out of some of our players (Those that deserved it )Hilariously.
My condolences to his friends and family.

Comments

• Options
    Was he in The City of London force....big stout fella by any chance...would be around 60ish?
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Soundasa, He was part of the Port of london Authority police, at the royals. He might of moved to the city when it was closed down. Ben Ive contacted the valley and his name is on the list for Saturday. Cheers.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shrew[/cite]Soundasa, He was part of the Port of london Authority police, at the royals. He might of moved to the city when it was closed down. Ben Ive contacted the valley and his name is on the list for Saturday. Cheers.

shrew.....Was he a big rotund fella (built like a shytehouse door as the expression goes)...nice friendly fella if it's the same chap I'm thinking of...PLA police....Mmmmmm could be I guess....about 60ish?
    I once saw him in uniform walking along in The City many years ago and assumed he was in The City Force....but PLA would make sense.