Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Intro theme for Charlton Athletic Video 'raise the roof' 2000/2001

Anyone got the name of the song?

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    Just had a quick look/listen and it sounds like it's based on one of the old football highlight programmes of the '70/80s such as LWT's Big Match, Couldn't watch it for too long as it brought back so many happy memories of when we had a proper team.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I would agree, that music has been on a couple of CAFC videos in the past most notably the review of the 80s and 90s. I also look at the video a bit misty eyed, not believing it's only 8 seasons ago. I remember that Summer of 2000 when Citeh invaded the old board saying they were the true Champions and they were going for Europe and basically were 'massive'. We then stuffed them 4-0 in about as comprehensive a victory as I can remember. We ended up finishing an excellent 9th and they were relegated by a whole 8 points.
  • Options
    BDL answered that one on his blog some time ago.

He wrote:
    "I keep on getting emails about the music we play before the match. So here goes:

First "Classical" track is the theme from the Contender (It's on ITV 3 or 4?)
    Music that goes behind the "This is the Valley" montage is O'Verona from the Baz Luhrmann film of Romeo and Juliet.

As for the montage - It was put together for us by David Moss and his team at ITV sports, thanks to Gemma for doing it - Can we have another copy please? "
  • Options
    The DVD for 2008-2009 is titled "The Roof Falls In On SE7"