Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Product Fee's on exisiting Mortgages renewal

edited January 2009 in Not Sports Related
Is it me or have these trebbled over the last five years. The government should force mortgage companys to half these costs since they are not passing down interest rates.

Comments

• Options
    Not sure whose you are looking at & how big the mortgage you have is, but most of them still seem to be charging the same as last year & the year before just under £1,000 normally. (I have been working at Mortgage Brokers for last 3 years & we do a fair few) Think Stanmore will back me up on this as well.
  • Options
    The last time i renewed around about 4 years ago i didnt have to pay zlich to renew. now its going to cost me 500 notes !!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]The last time i renewed around about 4 years ago i didnt have to pay zlich to renew. now its going to cost me 500 notes !!!

Err that is Cheap most people have being paying £1,000 or more for years now, welcome to reality :-)
  • Options
    just paid £800 to HSBC but did manage to get a lifetime tracker at base +0.99 %. Well happy !!
  • Options
    I need to renew in october after my base tracker comes to an end.

:-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I need to renew in october after my base tracker comes to an end.

:-(

mine comes to an end in April ........ big fecking boo
  • Options
    cheers for that ketman i have about 40k ish to go on my mortgage to pay at the mo im coming to the end of my 5 years fixed rate mortgage with the Halifax. I have had 10 years worth of fixed rate mortgages as i have been scared stiff if the interest rates would go sky high like in the late 80's and 90s. My luck they have gone the opposite. Any advice on what mortgage i should go for next.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    ours finished in january from 2 yr fixed, and we've defaulted (basically - done nothing) to standard variable with halifax which is saving us about £70 a month with no arrangement fee. happy days.....
  • Options
    awww thats a good idea suizi i forgot about the standard variable rate that automatically gets changed over.
  • Options
    Currently trying to get one, not many offering good rates or offering anything lower than an 80/20 ratio. We've got about a 15% deposit and both on good ish money. Its maddening really, looks like we might have missed the boat as lending seems to be getting tighter and tighter.

At least prices are still coming down and we can stick more money away every month for the deposit, but just waiting for the banks to make their mind up an start lending.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think you'll find part of this is because they all got severely slapped wrists over the amount of money they were charging as exit fees. So all they've done is lump that £400-ish on the set-up fee instead.