Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Graham - Carlisle striker

edited January 2009 in Rumours
Rumoured to be looking at this guy.

Danny Graham

Another lower league striker will cause a bit of controversy.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2009
    Huddersfield this week tabled an unsuccessful £250,000 offer for Graham, which falls well below the Cumbrians’ valuation of their prized asset.

We're hardly going to pay £500k+ for a player, can't see it happening.

Unless we get £1m+ for Ambrose, Zheng Zhi, and one or two others. Even then, will we spend it on transfer fees?
  • Options
    if they are interested in Dicko there may be a deal to be had.
  • Options
    bumped for stilladdicted
  • Options
    oops I did it again, cheers.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I remember seeing him play against Leeds in 1st leg of the play offs last year on Sky.

He torn them apart that night with Bridge Wilkinson.

Do us good in Division 1.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gDmxICxgObA
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    to be fair to graham he was a PL player 2-3 season ago and scoring for Middlesbrough.

Not a bad player and PROVEN goalscorer.

SWAP FOR MCLEOD AS HE OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T RATE HIM
  • Options
    Is that the same bloke that scored on his debut for Boro against us??

Typical.
  • Options
    Yes that is the one
  • Options
    Wouldn't dicko do us good in league one? The guy's a quite good goalscorer in league one. Must admit I can't remember him but Carlisle since Paul Simpson have been attacking and made many chances.

Is he better than Michael Bridges? Or is he better than Karl Hawley? Can't see it myself and those two at their Carlisle careers were banging 'em in, but not looking robust enough for the champ. Much rather Dicko. Seems desperation if indeed there's any truth to it.
  • Options
    Just watched the youtube clip, lol. Who's gonna do the quick break for his crosses?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Verne off Celebrity Big Brother?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]I remember seeing him play against Leeds in 1st leg of the play offs last year on Sky.

The Carlisle keeper Westwood, is the player we should be looking at from that match.

3 simply outstanding saves - one verging on world class.
  • Options
    He played once for Boro in the Prem. . .

And he scored against us. . .

Quelle surprise!
  • Options
    Scored 13 goals this season ....... not a yellow card, or a talking to from the ref, in sight.
  • Options
    MUST ADMIT THOUGHT HE'D PLAYED MORE FOR bORO.

Noticed he played 14 times as sub but that could be 14 - 1 minute appearances. LOL
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]MUST ADMIT THOUGHT HE'D PLAYED MORE FOR bORO.

Noticed he played 14 times as sub but that could be 14 - 1 minute appearances. LOL

He was their Chris Dickson .... ?

;o)
  • Options
    I don't doubt the lad is good but we need a big physical presence up front that can collect some of the aimless high balls we generate.

He's described as a poacher and has a lower goal average than Dicko, in the same league. Hang on, I've got an idea..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Centenary_Shirt[/cite]
    He's described as a poacher and has a lower goal average than Dicko, in the same league. Hang on, I've got an idea..

For the money we have available (none) we're going to struggle to get any league one striker with a better goalscoring average in that division than Dickson and McLeod.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]I remember seeing him play against Leeds in 1st leg of the play offs last year on Sky.

The Carlisle keeper Westwood, is the player we should be looking at from that match.

3 simply outstanding saves - one verging on world class.

Coventry signed him in the summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looked a real handful tonight and his double made it 12 for the season. According to Soccerbase Watford got him on a "free" :-(
  • Options
    Had a fine 18 months at Watford by the looks of it, not sure if he could play at a higher level than the Champ but has some really good assets and has been pivitol for Watford this season.