Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alex Ferguson has done it again

Absolute legend at the wind up games.

Rafa Benitez has come out in a press conference listing times and places Ferguson has "got at referees" and that he never gets punished etc.

He's reacted to Fergie coming out with stuff that Utd have been hard done by with fixture list.

Got to listen to the press conference if you can Benitez is prioper going for it.

Also said this weekend Scoalri and his staff should do zonal marking against Ferguson's staff to stop them getting at the referee at hlaf times etc - brilliant listening

Comments

• Options
    Thought Rafa was very calm and considered in his views - he's pretty good at these game's himself I think.

Fun and games!
  • Options
    Battle of wits .... mind games. Love it, lol
  • Options
    oh yeah he was calm but Fergie has got to him - why else would he go to the trouble of listing all those games etc.

As you say Rafa is good at the wind ups as well.

Can't wait for Fergies response - this could go on.
  • Options
    Hate Ferguson with a passion - always have done. Horrible, nasty, bitter old man. Benitez is a twat at times - he was at Valencia too - but I can't help liking him - I think he's funny, intelligent and a very good manager. I don't think Ferguson has got to him - I think he's just started playing mind games with him before Ferguson starts in properly (usually around the middle of February if past history is anything to go by)
  • Options
    Fergie is a legend and by miles the most succesful British manager of all time. The game will be a poorer place without him.
  • Options
    I can't stand Ferguson. Particularly his 'blind eye' habit when his players cheat and harass the Ref. His uncanny ability to spot the slightest transgression against his team and then whinge about it. I can't stand the way he open-mouth chews a piece of gum the size of a housebrick. I can't stand Man. U. and it's supporters who believe themselves to be above the laws of the game. I can't stand people who despite living within a spit of a Football League club, would travel miles to call themselves a supporter of 'the greatest ever club'
    Did i mention i can't stand Ferguson? And don't get me started on Ronaldo!
  • Options
    i think Rafa put his points across quite well and will come out of looking good - so long as they keep winning. now we wait for fergies response.
  • Options
    I love fergie i think he is a legend. I have always been a sneaky cockney red after my one true love of Charlton.

Fergie has been getting under the skin of Rafa for weeks now and Rafa has popped it is not as mental as keegan but believe me if keegan was as well educated as rafa he would have done something similar to this.

Fergie was scared of Charlton thsts why he made Pardew believe he was a special one and led to his ultimate demise :-)
  • Options
    fergie p*sses all over rafa especially in the mind game stakes.

rafa needed to take a script into the press conference ffs.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]fergie p*sses all over rafa especially in the mind game stakes.

Alternatively, lets see you make a four minute speech to the nation's press in a language you don't speak well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]fergie p*sses all over rafa especially in the mind game stakes.

Alternatively, lets see you make a four minute speech to the nation's press in a language you don't speak well.

some would argue that fergie speaks english.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Rafa Benitez = fake scouser who has picked up the scouse habit of whining, feeling sorry for himself and paranoia.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Fergie is a legend and by miles the most succesful British manager of all time. The game will be a poorer place without him.

Totally agree....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Rafa Benitez = fake scouser who has picked up the scouse habit of whining, feeling sorry for himself and paranoia.

Love it. I can't stand the bloke. As sure as eggs is eggs his pooper will go if they are still anywhere near the top at the business end of the season.
  • Options
    Maybe it backfired, Liverpool didn't play well against Stoke.
  • Options
    In the 2007-08 season Sir Alex was given a two-match touchline ban and fined £5,000 for a rant at referee Mark Clattenburg during a match at Bolton.

And during the last campaign he was banned for two games and fined £10,000 after remonstrating with referee Mike Dean after a match against Hull.

Now he's just been given a 2 game ban (+ 2 games suspended until next year) and a £20,000 fine.

Something tells me he's not quite learning!
  • Options
    Something tells me he doesn't really care!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: DRAddick[/cite]Something tells me he doesn't really care!

With a silly little 2 game ban, why should he?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]In the 2007-08 season Sir Alex was given a two-match touchline ban and fined £5,000 for a rant at referee Mark Clattenburg during a match at Bolton.

And during the last campaign he was banned for two games and fined £10,000 after remonstrating with referee Mike Dean after a match against Hull.

Now he's just been given a 2 game ban (+ 2 games suspended until next year) and a £20,000 fine.

Something tells me he's not quite learning!

Only people that have done badly out of that are the chewing gum manufacturers of the world.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DRAddick[/cite]Something tells me he doesn't really care!

Tells me they should of done him for £100k or more. He would be squeeling like a pig then. Likes his money does Ferguson!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Fergie is a legend and by miles the most succesful British manager of all time. The game will be a poorer place without him.

Totally agree....

I may be wrong here but I think Shankly was more succesful?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]

Totally agree....

Without a shadow of a doubt Bill Shankly was a class above Ferguson in every respect, SoundAs. An honest and nice person as well unlike Mr Ferguson!
  • Options

Totally agree....

Shankly is no where near Fergie in terms of trophies but I suppose it's yet to be seen in hindsight which of the two will be considered to have left the greatest legacy to both their respective clubs and indeed the game itself.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]In the 2007-08 season Sir Alex was given a two-match touchline ban and fined £5,000 for a rant at referee Mark Clattenburg during a match at Bolton.

Something tells me he's not quite learning![/quote]

He's learning all right. Notice how the story around Man United this season has nothing to do with their performances on the pitch and everything to do with their complaints about the referee. No other club gets away with losing two huge matches in quick succession without a lot of question marks in the media.

I wish the media would ignore this nonsense from Man United staff (Ferguson, Rooney, Ferguson's assistant, even Darren Fletcher blamed Arsene Wenger for Man U losing to Chelsea) and focus on their performances on the field. They're blaming all around them as a distraction - don't be distracted.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]

Totally agree....

Without a shadow of a doubt Bill Shankly was a class above Ferguson in every respect, SoundAs. An honest and nice person as well unlike Mr Ferguson!

My favourite manager of all time, no one comes close to Shanks for charisma and sheer class as a human being. You'd walk through walls for that guy....indeed many did just that.