Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Gray to Stoke on loan?

Comments

• Options
    Phew!

OohAah, you were nearly so *close* to a post with no mention of C***s.
  • Options
    curbs memory the only bright spot in recent times we'd prolly be playing exciting non league football if it wasn't for his tenure but there again curbs wasn't exciting enough for some c***s
  • Options
    Pulis is not as good of a manager as i thought he was!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StubleyAddick[/cite]Pulis is not as good of a manager as i thought he was!

I think he's a great manager - took Mr. Faye off our hands didn't he!
  • Options
    If Gray goes I presume it'll be because he needs to be closer to home. Perhaps it'll free up some money to get Lita back?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]If Gray goes I presume it'll be because he needs to be closer to home. Perhaps it'll free up some money to get Lita back?

Would love Lita to come back, but that simply will not happen. He turned down the Blades move coz he wanted to stay at Reading. Shame.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    "curbs memory the only bright spot in recent times we'd prolly be playing exciting non league football if it wasn't for his tenure but there again curbs wasn't exciting enough for some c***s"

You didn't go to his last 2 seasons, that wasn't far off non-league football.

Not even exciting Non-league football.

He's no Andy Ford.
  • Options
    In my job, I try extremely hard NOT to bring any problems I may have at home or in my life, to work, otherwise I would expect it would have a negative effect.

It's that simple.

Andy Gray is paid a large amount of money to score goals. That's his job. His contribution in this area since he signed has been dismal.

For anyone to say he holds the ball up well, he creates things with his passing, he gets stuck-in. Fair enough, but he aint SCORING GOALS.

He can do any of the other stuff (like a lot of our players can) but we wont head in the right direction with strikers NOT SCORING GOALS.

He is (IMHO) a striker that hasn't performed for us from day one. I don't think anyone can argue that FACT.

So please, the 'We-think-Andy Gray-is-the-dogs-do-dahs' brigade, should have a proper look at the man they so forcibly defend.

He is at best average.

I thank you.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: P_Air[/cite]In my job, I try extremely hard NOT to bring any problems I may have at home or in my life, to work, otherwise I would expect it would have a negative effect.

It's that simple.

You're all heart!
  • Options
    I'd sugguest turning upto work in his situation is more than most would have done.

Grey is our top scorer, he scores goals when given the chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who ever said "dont bring your home problems to work" was a TWAT with no home life. If you can split yourself in two so as NO problem in your home life will ever affect you in your work then your a f**kin robot.
  • Options
    Especially when your work involves 20,000 people scruitising your every move on a weekly basis
  • Options
    Deal hasn't worked out for either us or Gray at the moment, so a loan closer to home may suit him and we may be able to loan one of Stoke's fringe players, many of whom were very good at this level.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Deal hasn't worked out for either us or Gray at the moment, so a loan closer to home may suit him and we may be able to loan one of Stoke's fringe players, many of whom were very good at this level.
    As long as it isn't Faye back to us.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Who ever said "dont bring your home problems to work" was a TWAT with no home life. If you can split yourself in two so as NO problem in your home life will ever affect you in your work then your a f**kin robot.

On the flip side: if you can't be man enough to be able to do so, then you're a weak-willed idiot who isn't in charge of their emotions.
  • Options
    Give over mate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: P_Air[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Who ever said "dont bring your home problems to work" was a TWAT with no home life. If you can split yourself in two so as NO problem in your home life will ever affect you in your work then your a f**kin robot.

And if you can't be man enough to be able to do so, then you're a weak-willed idiot who isn't in charge of their emotions.

Calm down lads, lets not get all cyber warrior on each other or it'll be sink sink sink and you'll get told off.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Last Boy Scout[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Deal hasn't worked out for either us or Gray at the moment, so a loan closer to home may suit him and we may be able to loan one of Stoke's fringe players, many of whom were very good at this level.
    As long as it isn't Faye back to us.

Sad thing is is that Pulis has got more out of him than we ever managed!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]

And if you can't be man enough to be able to do so, then you're a weak-willed idiot who isn't in charge of their emotions.

Calm down lads, lets not get all cyber warrior on each other or it'll be sink sink sink and you'll get told off.

Fair enough. Apologies GH & WSS, but for every opinion, there's another side.
  • Options
    Word of advice P_Air - don't get a job in HR!
    ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Word of advice P_Air - don't get a job in HR!
    ;o)

Ha ha! Subtlety has NEVER been my strong point.

Say it how it is...

=)
  • Options
    On the flip side: if you can't be man enough to be able to do so, then you're a weak-willed idiot who isn't in charge of their emotions.

Do you even know what his problem is?
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]

What I was about to say.

As Joe South (after whom the away end at the Valley and my son are named) sang:

If I could be you and you could be me for just one hour
    If we could find a way to get inside each other's mind
    If you could see me through your eyes instead of your ego
    I believe you'd be surprised to see that you'd been blind.

Walk a mile in my shoes, walk a mile in my shoes
    And before you abuse, criticize and accuse
    Walk a mile in my shoes.

Now your whole world you see around you is just a reflection
    And the law of common says you reap just what you sow
    So unless you've lived a life of total perfection
    You'd better be careful of every stone that you throw.

Walk a mile in my shoes.

And yet we spend the day throwing stones at one another
    'Cause I don't think or wear my hair the same way you do
    Well I may be common people but I'm your brother
    And when you strike out and try to hurt me its a-hurtin' you.

Walk a mile in my shoes.

There are people on reservations and out in the ghettos
    And brother there but for the grace of God go you and I
    If I only had the wings of a little angel
    Don't you know I'd fly to the top of the mountain, and then I'd cry.

Walk a mile in my shoes, shoes.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]

No I don't know what his problems are. I've only heard that they're family orientated.

I have a huge problem regarding my terminally ill father, but I manage to maintain my composure within the confines of my workplace and I try my damned hardest to let it not affect my working day.

As a result, I do my job to the best of my ability giving 100% and meeting what is required of me.

Andy Gray, quite simply, IN MY OPINION, does not.
  • Options
    Gray doesn't jump, even when the ball is winnable on the halfway line with no-one near him, he doesn't get off the ground. It is no co-incidence that our slump in form last year co-incided with his arrival and it took him until three games from the end of the season to score his first for us. Half of his paltry seven this term have come from Penalties. He looks dis-interested and I for one can't wait for him to leave so prehaps we can buy someone who will add something to the team. We should have let him go instead of Big Chris whose form suffered when Gray arrived and the tatics were altered to accomadate him.
  • Options
    I think we ae confusing two very different issues here.

I have huge sympathy for Gray's family situation, and respect the way he has carried on within the Charlton squad.

On the other hand, i simply don't think he is that good (regardless of effort) - he has always been a journeyman, it was a panic buy and we paid well over the odds for him (based on the bald facts of the number of goals he'd scored without checking that most were pens and he'd lost form recently - another great piece of AP business.) He was not much, much better than Big Chris, and in my opinion, Burton now offers more than him at a fraction of the cost. Neither have ever been / will ever be prolific scorers, but Burton seems to contribute more to the team effort and gives the opposition defence more to worry about.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stubs1310[/cite]Gray doesn't jump, even when the ball is winnable on the halfway line with no-one near him, he doesn't get off the ground. It is no co-incidence that our slump in form last year co-incided with his arrival and it took him until three games from the end of the season to score his first for us. Half of his paltry seven this term have come from Penalties. He looks dis-interested and I for one can't wait for him to leave so prehaps we can buy someone who will add something to the team. We should have let him go instead of Big Chris whose form suffered when Gray arrived and the tatics were altered to accomadate him.

I don't have the stats but i think most of his goals for Burnley were penalties were they not? I too have never seen the man jump. That said, I do agree that he is probebly the best we have.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stubs1310[/cite] Half of his paltry seven this term have come from Penalties. .

Hmmm, I've just got my calculator out. So that's 3 and a half goals he's scored from the spot then.
    And 3 and a half goals from open play.

Quite some achievement.

;o)
  • Options
    Was one a rebound from a penalty?
  • Options
    Did he have gloves on for one of them? That should only count as half IMHO.